The demand for double strollers is growing fast. There are 75% more multiple-births (twins, triplets) now than in 1990. The average age of moms having their first child is increasing each year, and as a result, families are having babies closer together.
Here we look at a selection of over 20 double strollers broken into three categories: tandem double strollers, jogging double strollers and umbrella double strollers. We offer our top recommendation in each category. However, we ultimately want you to have the information you need to make an informed decision. This guide includes a variety of double stroller options where you are sure to find one to fit your budget and lifestyle. Most importantly, you want a way to easily transport your little ones.
- Best Tandem Double Strollers
- Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller – Best Tandem
- UPPAbaby Vista Stroller
- Graco Modes Duo Stroller
- JOOVY Caboose Too Ultralight Stand-On Tandem Stroller
- Peg Perego Duette Piroet Atmosphereo Stroller
- Contours Curve Tandem Double Stroller
- Baby Trend Sit N Stand Tandem Stroller
- Graco Uno2Duo Double Stroller
- Best Jogger Double Strollers
- Best Umbrella Double Strollers
- Guide to Selecting a Double Stroller
- Final Recommendation
Best Tandem Double Strollers
Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller – Best Tandem
The Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller is our top selection for tandem double strollers. The Chicco brand is top in quality and usability. This double stroller is a top pick because it easily allows for two KeyFit or KeyFit 30 infant car seats to click into the stroller. This makes it a perfect option for infant twins.
However, with the car seats fitting in either the front or the back stroller seat, this also makes a great choice for an infant and toddler or preschooler. Your second child has the option to sit in either the front of the back seat. This flexibility makes this a perfect options for families with multiple children. I also like that the Chicco brand offers long-lasting quality at an affordable price point.
Easy to Use
Two young children are enough work without your stroller being hard to use. The Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller folds and unfolds easily. Also, it folds up compactly making this stroller easy to put in and remove from your vehicle.
This double stroller only weighs 34 pounds making it lighter than many of the double jogger stroller models. All of these features make the Chicco Cortina Together double stroller a wonderful option for families with young children.
Double strollers can get pricey and for good reason. You want a product that is durable and will last. As with many product options, you get what you pay for. While many of the lower end models or brands will work, especially if your budget is tight, paying more for a double stroller usually means you are purchasing a superior product.
The Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller is at a great price point to fit the needs of many different families. While it isn’t at the low end for price, it falls nicely in the middle range. This stroller offers amazing quality at a fair price.
Other Chicco Double Strollers
One of Chicco’s most popular strollers is the Bravo LE. They also have the Chicco BravoFor2 which is a sit and stand stroller that we have reviewed.
Why It’s My Top Tandem Double Stroller Pick
- It’s a brand I trust: In my experience as a mom of two children, the Chicco brand served our family well and was the only travel system I needed to buy.
- It’s pretty: I like the way Chicco’s products look. They are modern and classy without paying high-end prices.
- It’s Versatile: I love that this stroller allows your kids to sit in a variety of positions. This makes my life easier as a mom.
UPPAbaby Vista Stroller
The UPPAbaby Vista Stroller is a top-of-the-line tandem double stroller. This is the only stroller you will ever need for either twins or young children of varying ages. In fact, the UPPAbaby is designed to work with any combination of ages. I love the UPPAbaby Vista Stroller, however, this was not my top pick only because of the larger price tag. At the price point, this stroller may not be the best budget option for a majority of families. If you can afford it, this is a great, versatile double stroller.
I love the UPPAbaby for the versatility of its design! This stroller works with two infant twins, two toddlers or an infant and a toddler. The stroller also includes a bassinet that can be switched out to allow your baby to nap while on the go. This smart technology gives all the sitting options you could need regardless of the ages of the two children using the stroller. This stroller even has an attachment available for a third child to stand on. If you need versatility, this is your best option.
Britax is known to be user-friendly and versatile, too. So can this stroller match up against a comparable Britax stroller. Read our Britax B-Ready vs UPPAbaby Vista article to find out.
If budget isn’t a limiting factor, then this luxurious stroller is a stylish and functional choice. The UPPAbaby Vista comes with full-grain leather accents including the handlebar. Other features include a rain shield, UPF 50 sunshade, lightweight frame and high-end fabrics. If you are looking for luxury, the UPPAbaby is sure to satisfy.
Why It’s My Luxury Double Stroller Pick
- It is fancy: This stroller just looks good! It screams style while still offering all the function you need on the go.
- It works well: This stroller is easy to open, close and store. It has a variety of seating options to meet any need and it’s made to last.
But wait! There’s another luxe stroller that I really like. It’s less expensive, but it still has a lot of really nice features and grow-with-your-family ability like the UPPAbaby. Check our our Baby Jogger City Select Lux review for more info.
Graco Modes Duo Stroller
Graco remains a top brand in baby products across categories, and Graco strollers are trusted by parents. The Graco Modes Duo Stroller offers the quality and affordability we expect from the Graco Brand. With 27 riding options and easy click connect technology for infant seat attachment, this Graco model will work well for most families. If you are loyal to Graco, this is the tandem double stroller for you. The swivel wheels make driving easy while the extra large basket makes toting all your essentials a breeze.
It is a Trusted Brand
Graco has a great reputation for quality and affordable baby products. The Graco Modes Duo Stroller fits perfectly into the Graco product line and is a great choice for families that don’t care about looking stylish and want a brand they recognize and trust. Graco also makes the RoomFor2 Stand and Ride stroller if you are looking for something like that.
Why I Like It
- It is dependable: As a market leader in baby products, Graco builds dependable strollers. The Modes Duo is no exception.
- It doesn’t cost too much: The Graco brand fits nicely into the middle of the price range for tandem strollers. It also works as a travel system with the Graco infant seats offering affordability and quality.
Check out our full Graco Modes Duo Review here on Experienced Mommy.
JOOVY Caboose Too Ultralight Stand-On Tandem Stroller
The JOOVY Caboose Too Ultralight Stand-On Tandem Stroller is one of the lightest weight full-sized tandem strollers. This stroller is compact, easy to fold and unfold and lighter in weight than most other tandem strollers at under 25 pounds. Even though this product is lighter in weight and more compact, it still has the extra features you want in a stroller, including sunscreens, a storage area and reclining seats.
It is Lightweight and Compact
Storing a double stroller can be a challenge, especially in vehicles. The JOOVY Caboose Too Ultralight Stroller is perfect for smaller vehicles or tight spaces. It is also easier to lift because of its lighter weight. This compact stroller is great for travel or daily use.
Why I Like It
- It is functional: I love that the JOOVY Caboose doesn’t sacrifice function for its lighter weight.
- It is easy to store: I struggled to find a place to put both my tandem travel system and jogger stroller. I even bought a different vehicle to solve this problem. I love that the JOOVY Caboose makes transporting and storage easy.
If you like the JOOVY brand, but prefer a side-by-side double stroller, be sure to check out the JOOVY Scooter X2. Click to read our full review.
Peg Perego Duette Piroet Atmosphereo Stroller
The Peg Perego Duette Piroet Atmosphereo Stroller is the perfect travel system double stroller for twins. This stroller is made in Italy and has a European style. While the carriage is a bit longer, this stroller can accommodate two bassinets, which is why I think it’s perfect for twins. Also, this stroller has sturdy, soft-ride wheels for smooth pushing. Each of the three types of seats, bassinet, infant carrier and standard stroller seat, include their own large canopy to protect infants and toddlers from the elements. Overall, this is a great option for families of multiples.
It is Great for Twins
This Peg Perego stroller model is a great option for twins. The versatile and larger size allow the room needed for two infants to each be in a bassinet seat. Plus, this double stroller should last for all the years you will need to transport your twins, from infants to preschool age.
Why I Like It
- It is versatile: I like that this double stroller is versatile for families with multiple children and is roomier than some other tandem strollers.
- It is a smooth ride: The wheel design on this stroller makes for a smooth ride. Also, while this stroller is long, it is narrow enough to fit easily through most doors.
Contours Curve Tandem Double Stroller
The Contours Curve Tandem Double Stroller receives top ratings for its easy maneuvering. This stroller boasts a superior 360 degree turning radius that also works well on curbs. Like with other tandem strollers, the Contours model as a travel system to accommodate two infant seats making this perfect for twins or different aged children. The stroller is on the heavy side but offers a variety of appealing features for parents like storage, sun canopies, water-resistant features and a smooth ride.
It Drives Well
Tandem double stroller travel systems aren’t always easy to maneuver, but the Contours Curve Double Stroller is specifically designed to make driving easy for parents. The wheel design makes this stroller easy to push around the block or through the tight aisles at your favorite boutique.
Why I Like It
- It has a smooth ride: This Contours stroller is built to make driving easy with its 360 degree wheel design.
- It offers features parents love: Not only is driving easy, but this stroller has all the bells and whistles parents want from large undercarriage storage to parent cupholders.
The Contours Elite is another popular tandem stroller. See how it stacks up against the ever-popular Baby Jogger City Select in our Contours Options Elite Vs Baby Jogger City Select review.
Baby Trend Sit N Stand Tandem Stroller
The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Tandem Stroller is an affordable alternative to the higher priced travel system tandem double strollers. This stroller allows for two infant car seats, an older child sitting and an infant seat or one child sitting and another standing. The Baby Trend Sit N Stand offers a variety of seating options for both twins or two children of different ages.
It is Great for a Tight Budget
It can be difficult to find an affordable double stroller that will accommodate infant car seats. The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Tandem Stroller is a great option for parents on a tight budget. This stroller also includes other parent-friendly features like undercarriage storage and child tray.
Why I Like It
- It is affordable: The best thing about this stroller is the price tag. It gives parents a budget-friendly double stroller option without having to settle for an umbrella stroller.
- It is lightweight: At only 25 pounds this stroller is lightweight making it easy to close and stow.
Graco Uno2Duo Double Stroller
The Graco Uno2Duo Double Stroller is easily the most creative double stroller on the market. This stroller starts as a single stroller with all the functions of most travel system including a bassinet setting and infant seat. However, when you have your second child, this stroller converts to a double tandem stroller. The base extends to allow for a second seat or a standing option. This is a great product option for families that know they want multiple children but only want to have to purchase one stroller.
It is Creative
I love that the Graco Uno2Duo Double Stroller gives parents the option to only ever purchase one travel system. It eliminates the financial and product waste by allowing you to plan ahead. This is a creative solution for growing families. Graco is a brand parents trust and this product demonstrates why.
Why I Like It
- It has great functionality: Strollers are expensive and take up lots of space. I love that this stroller makes planning easy and convenient.
- It is the only stroller you’ll need: This stroller transitions from one child to two which makes it the only stroller you’ll need even as your family grows.
Best Jogger Double Strollers
BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Jogging Stroller – Best Jogger
Just like with the Chicco double stroller, I trust the BOB brand. Personally, our BOB double jogger stroller lasted for years and worked for our family until my children were in elementary school. The BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Jogging Stroller is a top-quality product that works for jogging on trails or pavement. This stroller also functions well for normal (non-jogging) stroller use. This BOB stroller has side-by-side seats that offer unlimited leg room for growing children. Also, this stroller has the option to add an infant seat adapter for versatility.
The BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Jogging Stroller is built to last. This stroller offers a state-of-the-art adjustable suspension, high-impact wheels and sturdy frame. Whether you use this double stroller off road or just around the park, its durability makes this a great option for a long-term investment. This should be the only jogging stroller you will ever need to buy. Also, the resale value on well-cared for BOB strollers is high, making the investment even better!
The BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Jogging Stroller is a quality product. There are many different price ranges for all-terrain jogger strollers, but the BOB brand offers a top-quality product when compared to lower-end brands. Also, I don’t think pricier jogging strollers offer any superiority over the BOB brand.
Why It’s My Top Double Jogger Stroller Pick
- It lasts: My top reason for picking a BOB brand jogger is that it will last. A quality jogger stroller is a big investment and this product is built to last.
- It works well: The bottom line is this stroller works well. It travels over almost any surface smoothly and reliably.
Get all the details you need by reading our full BOB REvolution Flex Duallie Jogging Stroller review!
Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller
Do you want a stylish and highly rated double jogger stroller at a more affordable price than the BOB? If so, the Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller is a great option. A bit more less expensive than the BOB, the Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller is comparable in style and function. The seats offer comfortable padding for the children with the storage and suspension parents want. This is a great stroller for active families.
It is Parent Approved
Parents love the Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller. It is highly rated for design, durability and function. While this stroller is lighter in weight, it is still part of a double stroller travel system that allows an infant seat to transition from the car to the stroller without having to wake a sleeping baby.
Why I Like It
- It is compact and lightweight: Double strollers are heavy and take up a lot of space. I like the Baby Jogger Double Stroller for its ease of use.
- It is stylish: Double strollers are used a ton, so you might as well look stylish on your outings. This stroller is sleek and modern in style.
Thule Urban Glide 2 Double Stroller
The Thule brand offers quality racks, car carriages and luggage along with its line of kid and baby transporting products. Thule’s excellent engineering makes this brand a top choice for a double stroller. The Thule Urban Glide 2 Double Stroller is a double jogger stroller built for all-terrains. It offers all the features of the other top jogger stroller brands including wheels that lock or swivel, reclining seats and smooth suspension.
It is Great for Off-Road
Thule’s experience across other product lines helped develop the perfect stroller for going off-road. For active families that want to explore the unbeaten path, the Thule Urban Glide 2 Double Stroller is an excellent choice. This stroller meets top safety standards and quality expectations. The handbrake, wheels and suspension all make this work well across terrains.
Why I Like It
- It works: I like that Thule has a double stroller jogger option that meets the functionality of a single stroller. This is a quality stroller engineered to last.
- It is safe: This stroller is all about safety and comfort for both the parents and the kids. The brakes, suspension, wheels and buckles all offer a safe and smooth ride.
Thule Chariot Cross 2
Let’s stick with the Thule brand for a moment. The Thule Chariot Cross 2 is a bike trailer that comfortability fits two children. The benefit of this bike trailer is you can purchase a jogging kit to transition the bike trailer to a double jogger stroller. If you are an active family that bikes and runs, this is a great option to use one product for two functions. You’ll get all the benefits of the Thule brand without having to find extra room in your garage for another child carrier.
It is Great for Active Families
Where I live in Colorado, families are active. Having small children doesn’t slow down fitness focused parents looking for outdoor adventure. One popular option is to use a bike trailer as a jogging stroller. The Thule brand offers the exceptional quality and functionality you need to go off-road or stay on the trail.
Why I Like It
- It offers dual functions: I like that Thule Chariotoffers two functions with the purchase of the jogger kit. This saves parents money and space. You don’t need both a jogger and a bike trailer.
- It is quality: Quality products save money in the long run because they are built to last. This Thule Chariot offers the quality you expect from the Thule brand.
Not every family can afford a jogger stroller at this price. The Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger Stroller offers a good alternative to the higher priced brands, especially if you already have a Baby Trend infant seat. To be honest, you do get what you pay for and this stroller is not as great functionally as the BOB or Thule brands. However, if you are moderately active or just on a tighter budget, this stroller will work for jogging and trails. However, if you have the budget, I do recommend the higher end brands for better long-term use.
It is a Great Alternative
Jogging strollers are wonderful for being active with small children. The Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger Stroller has many of the features of the higher end brands. For example, it does accommodate Baby Trend infant car seats. It also has reclining seats and sun protective canopies. However, it has two front swivel wheels instead of one. Overall, this is an average jogger stroller that you can feel good about buying on a more limited budget.
Why I Like It
- It is affordable: Purchasing all the items you need when you add a baby or twins to the family gets expensive. I consider jogging strollers a want versus a need. This stroller offers an affordable alternative to the higher priced brands.
- It is infant seat compatible: I think the best feature of this jogger stroller is that it’s compatible with Baby Trend infant seats making this usable for young babies.
Allen Sports Premier 2-Child Aluminum Racing Stroller
If you are a serious racer and want to run with your children, the Allen Sports Premier 2-Child Aluminum Racing Stroller is a good option. Like with the Thule Chariot Cross 2, the Allen Sports Bike Trailer and Racing Stroller offer dual functionality. It works as both a stroller and bike trailer. This product does not include a suspension like some other jogger stroller options, and it doesn’t work for infants. This is a great double jogger stroller with children up to 50 pounds each.
It is Great for Active Families
This is a great product for parents that are serious athletes and want to train with children in tow. The Allen Sports Premier 2-Child Aluminum Racing Stroller is lightweight so it doesn’t weigh you down during a race. This stroller is durable and easy to fold and store. It also comes with all the necessary parts for use as a bike trailer or stroller. Overall, this is a great option for active families.
Why I Like It
- It is all-inclusive: I like that this stroller includes all the parts you need to use it for both running and biking. There are no extra fees for added functionality.
- It is more affordable: The Allen Sports stroller is more affordable than the Thule model which makes this product more accessible for some families.
Mountain Buggy Duet V3 Buggy
The Mountain Buggy Duet V3 Buggy is a hybrid all-terrain travel system. This is a great double stroller option for active families where budget isn’t a limiting factor. This system has many of the benefits of an umbrella stroller but with jogger stroller and travel system functionality. The Mountain Buggy Duet Stroller is only 32 pounds and 25 inches wide making this side-by-side stroller a compact option for travel or even smaller vehicles.
It is Great for All Your Stroller Needs
If you want to purchase one stroller that offers all the benefits of the three double stroller categories listed here, the Mountain Buggy Duet stroller is your best bet. This stroller has the compact size of an umbrella stroller, the infant usability of a tandem travel system and the all-terrian functionality of a jogger stroller.
Why I Like It
- It is functional: I like the functionality of this stroller. It has a handbrake for easy stopping on trails, it is newborn ready and has ample storage.
- It is more quality: This stroller is higher in price but it offers quality and durability. This is truly the only double stroller you will need.
Best Umbrella Double Strollers
Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller – Best Umbrella
Finding an affordable and quality double umbrella stroller isn’t easy. Thankfully, the Delta Children LX Side by Side Umbrella Stroller is the perfect choice. This umbrella stroller isn’t a good option for regular, everyday use. But, most umbrella strollers aren’t made to stand up to the standards of bigger, more durable strollers. However, this double umbrella stroller is perfect for those times when you need a lightweight option to transport your children.
It is Affordable
The Delta Children LX Umbrella Stroller is accessible for most budgets without sacrificing quality. If cared for, this stroller should work well and last. The ratings for this stroller are great especially for reviews that used this stroller for travel.
It is Quality
Again, even for the lower priced baby items, as parents, we want things to last. The Delta Children LX Umbrella Stroller offers quality at a fair price. The stroller folds easily, includes a durable sun shade and is build to fit through 30 inch doorways.
Why It’s My Double Umbrella Stroller Pick
- It has great colors: Umbrella strollers should be fun and this one comes in a large variety of color options.
- It doesn’t cost much: This is one of the lower priced double umbrella strollers with high ratings. This is a great idea to save money in your budget so that you can spend more on your everyday, better quality double stroller.
Peg Perego Book for Two Baby Stroller
I need to be honest, this isn’t really an umbrella stroller, but it isn’t at tandem or jogger either. The Peg Perego Book for Two Baby Stroller really is its own unique category of double travel system, side-by-side stroller. The cool thing about this product and why I’m classifying it here, at 30 pounds it is lighter in weight than a lot of the other travel system double strollers. This is a high-end product for the truly stylish parent. This stroller holds two car seats making it the perfect option from birth up to 45 pounds per child. If you want an alternative to this heavy, bulky tandem travel system, this is your best choice.
It is a Great Alternative
The Peg Perego Book for Two Baby Stroller is a great alternative to other baby stroller travel systems. It is only 29 inches wide making it easy to fit in narrow spaces while still offering side-by-side seating. This stroller also folds compactly and is lighter in weight making it a good option for travel. It offers the benefits of an umbrella stroller with all the functionality of a travel system.
Why I Like It
- It is compact: The best benefit of this double stroller is the compact size and weight. Both make this a great option for every day use and travel.
- It is quality: The Peg Perego brand is known for its quality and this double stroller offers the quality, durability and functionality you expect.
JOOVY Twin Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller
Umbrella strollers are lightweight and easy for travel. The JOOVY Twin Groove Ultralight umbrella stroller fits perfectly in your family’s double stroller collection. This stroller holds a maximum weight of up to 100 pounds making this a great options for two children well into the preschool years. Like with most umbrella strollers, this stroller is not as durable as the pricier jogger or travel system strollers. However, this umbrella stroller is great for travel and times when you need an easy lightweight option.
It is Great for Travel
The JOOVY Twin Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller is a great option for travel. This lightweight stroller folds quickly and easily to fit through airport security. It’s also a great option for road trips where you need to pull the stroller in and out of the vehicle frequently.
Why I Like It
- It is lightweight: At only 26 pounds, this stroller is lightweight but sturdy. It is easy to fold and transport.
- It is functional: Even though this is an umbrella stroller, it offers storage space for diaper bags and other needs. It also has parent cup holders for convenience.
JOOVY makes another side-by-side double stroller called the Scooter X2. It’s still lightweight and very affordable. Click to read our full review of the JOOVY Scooter X2.
Evenflo Minno Twin Double Stroller
The Evenflo Minno Twin Double Stroller offers comfortable seats and more features than the average umbrella double stroller without the added price tag. This lightweight and versatile stroller folds and stores easily. Even though this is an umbrella stroller, it has a built-in suspension that allows for a smooth ride. This is a great option for travel or everyday use.
It is Great for Comfort
The Evenflo Minno Twin Double Stroller has padded, reclining seats for maximum comfort. This stroller would work well even while your children nap. The suspension creates a smooth ride and the ample storage provides convenience for parents.
Why I Like It
- It is a value: This stroller is a value. The comfortable seats, smooth ride and storage are all top quality without the big price tag.
- It is Convenient: I like umbrella strollers for the convenience, and this stroller offers convenience with style and comfort.
Britax B-Agile Double Stroller
Britax would likely not classify the Britax B-Agile Double Stroller as an umbrella stroller; however, I would. This Britax model is pricier than many other umbrella strollers but it has the lightweight convenience of an umbrella stroller. It is better quality than most umbrella strollers but doesn’t work as a travel system. It has a lightweight but durable aluminum frame and adjustable handle bar that may allow you to use this as your everyday stroller.
It is Great for Everyday Use
The Britax B-Agile Double Stroller offers the lightweight easy storage of an umbrella stroller with a durability that makes this functional for everyday use. This stroller is also designed to fit through most standard doorways allowing you to take it anywhere. And at only 26 pounds, you can easily pick this stroller up to pack it away.
Why I Like It
- It is durable: The biggest issue with umbrella strollers are they often feel fragile and not well made. This stroller offers amazing quality and durability without the heavy weight.
- It is Functional: This stroller fits through standard doorways, has adjustable handlebars and offers undercarriage storage making this umbrella stroller highly functional.
Britax also makes a tandem double stroller. You’ll find a detailed review in our Britax B-Ready vs City Select write up.
Amoroso Twin Baby Stroller
The Amoroso Twin Baby Stroller is basically disposable. This is one of the cheapest double strollers available. While I wouldn’t normally recommend this product, I want you to know your options. This is a basic umbrella stroller that works for short outings or travel. I think this is a good option if you need to buy a double stroller that you don’t need to last forever. This would work well for preschoolers that have outgrown the need for a stroller but need a cheap option for a trip.
It is Great for Travel
The Amoroso Twin Baby Stroller would be perfect to use for your preschoolers for a week at Disney or other family vacation. This is a stroller you could purchase for a specific use without having to sink a lot of money into a temporary solution. This is not a product to buy for long-term or regular use. It just won’t last like other stroller brands.
Why I Like It
- It is disposable: This inexpensive double umbrella stroller is a great option for those times when you need to have a stroller but don’t want to spend a lot of money.
- It is cheap: It’s important to know that this is not a good option for long-term use but it is a great, cheap solution if you need a stroller for travel.
Guide to Selecting a Double Stroller
When looking for a double stroller, you want safety, quality and value. The Mayo Clinic offers a helpful guide on stroller safety, including tips for children with special needs. The key to finding the best double stroller for your family is to evaluate your needs and your budget. Purchase the best available double stroller in the category that best fits your needs. I found that having multiple strollers for our family’s various needs worked well. I had a child with a medical issue that required a special stroller; therefore, I highly value the advice and insight from other parents on quality baby products.
Strollers are a big ticket baby item and functionality is important. Start by determining what you will use the stroller for most often. Consider whether you plan to stay on city sidewalks or head off-road on trails. For tandem travel systems, compatibility with bassinets and infant car seats is a key feature. For jogger strollers, maneuverable wheels and a good suspension are important. For umbrella strollers lightweight and compact folding functionality matters. Look for the features you need to get the function you expect from your double stroller.
Double strollers aren’t cheap in most cases. Before you begin shopping determine your budget. It is almost impossible to find a double stroller under $200 that is a quality product. A quality and high functioning double stroller can easily hit almost $1000. Read reviews and guides like this one to determine which double stroller option offers the best quality and functionality for your budget. If you do your research, you can find a good double stroller for under $500.
Remember, you almost always get what you pay for, and this principle applies to double strollers as well. Whether you have twins or are adding a new baby to your family, you will likely need to use your double stroller for at least five years. Not only that, but a quality stroller can often fetch a good resale value. Look for a stroller with a metal frame like aluminum and sturdy wheels. Also, select a brand trusted for its quality.
If you are a family expecting twins or have two or more infants or young children, you need a double stroller. It will make your life easier. A tandem travel system is a great tool to move baby from the car to the stroller in their infant car seat. If you are an active parent a jogger stroller will allow you to exercise while your children are with you. And, an umbrella stroller is a great option for travel or quick errands.
For each of these categories we offer a recommendation based on the price for the quality, functionality and durability. The Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller is my recommendation for tandem double stroller because of my excellent experience with the Chicco stroller I used with my children.
The BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Jogging Stroller is my recommendation for double jogger stroller.I actually bought my BOB double stroller used and kept it for seven years. After almost daily use, it was still in great shape and I resold it another family. The BOB brand is built to last.
I recommend the Delta Children LX Side by Side Umbrella Stroller as my pick for double umbrella stroller. You don’t need a fancy or expensive umbrella stroller if you’ve invested in a good quality travel system or jogger stroller. In fact, for travel I felt my Chicco stroller got stains and scratches from the airplane storage which made me prefer to travel with an umbrella stroller.
Overall, I recommend you buy the best stroller for your budget based on your lifestyle and needs. As a mom who spent years traveling, jogging and running errands through the infant and toddler years, my double strollers were priceless.