Walking and running are among the top 3 most popular forms of exercise, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Having two kiddos shouldn’t keep you from doing the exercise you love! No matter where you go or how fast you go, you’ll want a jogging stroller to give your kiddos the most comfortable ride.
Check out our picks for the best double jogging strollers. They are all top quality and worth the investment!
|Best Double Joggers||Why It's Best||Rating|
|Thule Urban Glide 2 Double||Functional & Safe||♥♥♥♥♥|
|BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie||Long Lasting||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogging Stroller||Travel System Ready||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogging Stroller||Good quality and costs less than the Navigator||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Joovy Zoom X2 Double Jogging Stroller||Comparable to BOB but less expensive||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Baby Jogger City Mini 2 Double Stroller||Lightweight & Stylish||♥♥♥♥♥|
The 9 Best Double Jogging Strollers
Thule Urban Glide 2 Double Stroller
The Thule brand offers quality racks, car carriages, and luggage along with its line of kid and baby transporting products. Thule’s excellent engineering makes this brand a top choice for a double stroller.
The Thule Urban Glide 2 Double Stroller is a double jogger stroller built for all-terrains. It offers all the features of the other top jogger stroller brands including wheels that lock or swivel, reclining seats, and smooth suspension.
It is Great for Off-Road
Thule’s experience across other product lines helped develop the perfect stroller for going off-road. For active families that want to explore the unbeaten path, the Thule Urban Glide 2 Double Stroller is an excellent choice.
This double jogger stroller meets top safety standards and quality expectations. The handbrake, wheels, and suspension all make this work well across terrains.
Why I Like It
- It works: I like that Thule has a double stroller jogger option that meets the functionality of a single stroller. This is a quality stroller engineered to last. And, it’s easy to run with.
- It is safe: This jogging stroller double is all about safety and comfort for both the parents and the kids. The brakes, suspension, wheels, and buckles all offer a safe and smooth ride.
BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie Double Jogging Stroller
I trust the BOB brand. Personally, our BOB double jogging stroller lasted for years and worked for our family until my children were in elementary school.
The BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie Double Jogging Strolleris a top-quality product that works for jogging on trails or pavement. This stroller also functions well for normal (non-jogging) stroller use.
This BOB double jogger stroller has side-by-side seats that offer unlimited leg room for growing children. Also, this stroller has the option to add an infant seat adapter for versatility.
The BOB Flex 3.0 is built to last. This stroller offers a state-of-the-art adjustable suspension, high-impact wheels, and a sturdy frame.
Whether you use this double stroller off-road or just around the park, its durability makes this a great option for a long-term investment. This should be the only jogging stroller you will ever need to buy.
Also, the resale value on well-cared-for BOB strollers is high, making the investment even better! Whether for single jogging strollers or double joggers, BOB makes some of the best jogging strollers and can’t be beaten.
The BOB Flex 3.0 is a quality product. There are many different price ranges for all-terrain jogger strollers, but the BOB brand offers a top-quality product when compared to lower-end brands. Also, I don’t think pricier jogging strollers offer any superiority over the BOB brand.
Why I Like It
- It lasts: My top reason for picking a BOB brand jogger is that it will last. A quality jogging stroller is a big investment and this product is built to last.
- It works well: The bottom line is this stroller works well. It travels over almost any surface smoothly and reliably.
Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger Stroller
Not every family can afford a jogger stroller at this price. The Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger Stroller offers a good alternative to the higher-priced brands, especially if you already have a Baby Trend infant seat.
To be honest, you do get what you pay for and this stroller is not as great functionally as the BOB or Thule brands. However, if you are moderately active or just on a tighter budget, this stroller will work for jogging and trails. However, if you have the budget, I do recommend the higher end brands for better long-term use.
It is a Great Alternative
Jogging strollers are wonderful for being active with small children. The Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger Stroller has many of the features of the higher-end brands.
For example, it does accommodate Baby Trend infant car seats. This double jogger stroller also has reclining seats and sun-protective canopies. However, it has two front swivel wheels instead of one. Overall, this is an average jogger stroller that you can feel good about buying on a more limited budget.
See the best jogging stroller travel systems.
Why I Like It
- It is affordable: Purchasing all the items you need when you add a baby or twins to the family gets expensive. I consider jogging strollers a want versus a need. This stroller offers an affordable alternative to the higher-priced brands.
- It is infant seat compatible: I think the best feature of this jogger stroller double wide is that it’s compatible with Baby Trend infant seats, making this usable for young babies.
Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogging Stroller
If you like Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogging Stroller but want to save on money, the Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogging Stroller is a good option. It is priced slightly less than the Navigator and weighs less.
The Expedition isn’t as “fancy” as the Navigator but it still offers a lot of important features like comfortability, cupholders and storage, 5-point harness, and canopy. Unlike the Navigator, the Expedition’s maximum weight is only 50 pounds so it won’t last as long with one child as the Navigator does.
It is Great for Minimalism
This is a great Baby Trend double jogging stroller option for those not looking for a bunch of bells and whistles. If you’re needing a double jogging stroller for a short time and want to save a little money, the Baby Trend Expedition is a great choice.
Why I Like It
- It is lightweight: This jogging stroller is about 10 pounds lighter than the Navigator which makes it easier to move around.
- It is more affordable: The Expedition is priced lower than the Navigator, allowing parents to enjoy a good Baby Trend double jogging stroller without breaking the bank.
Joovy Zoom X2 Double Jogging Stroller
For a high-quality yet lightweight double jogging stroller, the Joovy Zoom X2 has got you covered. Weighing in at only 28 pounds, this jogging stroller is one of the lightest around.
The great thing about the Joovy Zoom X2 is that parents say it’s equivalent to a BOB stroller, but it’s way less expensive! This double jogging stroller also comes in 3 different colors and in my opinion, has a nice modern look to it.
It is Comparable to BOB but Less Expensive
Not everyone is able to spend money on a BOB (or comparable) jogging stroller, so it’s nice to see a high-quality stroller on the market for less money. It still has great features and a nice design to it in addition to providing all the things you need to have a great stroller experience.
Why I Like It
- Modern look: I really like the look of the Joovy Zoom X2 compared to many other double jogging strollers. The inner color really pops and adds some fun to the stroller rather than the whole thing looking black and grey.
- Lightweight: Compared to BOB at 33.1 pounds, the Joovy Zoom X2 only weighs 28 pounds. High-quality double jogging strollers can be heavy, so it’s nice to see one that’s lightweight and easy to move around and lift.
Baby Jogger City Mini 2 Double Stroller
Do you want a stylish and highly rated double jogging stroller at a more affordable price than the BOB? If so, the Baby Jogger City Mini 2 Double Stroller is a great option.
While being less expensive than the BOB, the Baby Jogger City Mini 2 Double Stroller is comparable in style and function. The seats offer comfortable padding for the children with the storage and suspension parents want. This is a great stroller for active families.
It is Parent Approved
Parents love the City Mini 2 because it is highly rated for design, durability, and function. While this stroller is lighter in weight, it is still part of a double stroller travel system that allows an infant seat to transition from the car to the stroller without having to wake a sleeping baby.
Why I Like It
- It is compact and lightweight: Double strollers are heavy and take up a lot of space. I like the City Mini 2 for its ease of use.
- It is stylish: Double strollers are used a ton, so you might as well look stylish on your outings. This stroller is sleek and modern in style.
Thule Chariot Cross 2
Let’s stick with the Thule brand for a moment. The Thule Chariot Cross 2 is a bike trailer that comfortability fits two children.
The benefit of this bike trailer is you can purchase a jogging kit to transition the bike trailer to a double jogger stroller. If you are an active family that bikes and runs, this is a great option to use one product for two functions. You’ll get all the benefits of the Thule brand without having to find extra room in your garage for another child carrier.
It is Great for Active Families
Where I live in Colorado, families are active. Having small children doesn’t slow down fitness-focused parents looking for outdoor adventure. One popular option is to use a bike trailer as a jogging stroller. The Thule brand offers the exceptional quality and functionality you need to go off-road or stay on the trail.
Why I Like It
- It offers dual functions: I like that Thule Chariot offers two functions with the purchase of the jogger kit. This saves parents money and space. You don’t need both a jogger and a bike trailer.
- It is quality: Quality products save money in the long run because they are built to last. This Thule Chariot offers the quality you expect from the Thule brand.
Clevr Deluxe 3-in-1 Double Jogging Stroller
The Clevr Deluxe 3-in-1 Double Jogging Stroller is the stroller to get for families who like to jog and bike with their little ones in tow. Featuring a 3-in-1 design, the Clevr Deluxe can become a jogging stroller, walking stroller, or bike trailer (bike hitch included).
By looking at it, you might think this jogging stroller seems rather bulky but no worries because this stroller can fold down flat for traveling and storing. Lots of reflective material helps keep you and your kiddos safe. There is also a large storage basket below the seats for necessary items.
It is Great for Active Families who Need to Save on Space
Rather than hauling a double jogging stroller and a bike trailer, the Clevr Deluxe 3-in-1 simplifies things for you all the while saving you even more space by folding down flat when you need to pick up and go.
Why I Like It
- It is 3-in-1: There’s nothing quite like the feeling of being able to do all you need to do with one stroller. Plus it comes with a bike hitch!
- It is still practical: Even though the Clevr Deluxe saves on space and is a 3-in-1, it’s still practical with the storage compartment down below.
Mountain Buggy Duet V3 Buggy
The Mountain Buggy Duet V3 Buggy is a hybrid all-terrain travel system. This is a great double stroller option for active families where budget isn’t a limiting factor.
This system has many of the benefits of an umbrella stroller but with jogger stroller and travel system functionality. The Mountain Buggy Duet Stroller is only 32 pounds and 25 inches wide making this side-by-side stroller a compact option for travel or even smaller vehicles.
It is Great for All Your Stroller Needs
If you want to purchase one stroller that offers all the benefits of the three double stroller categories listed here, the Mountain Buggy Duet is your best bet. This double jogger stroller has the compact size of an umbrella stroller, the infant usability of a tandem travel system, and the all-terrain functionality of a jogger stroller.
Why I Like It
- It is functional: I like the functionality of this stroller. It has a handbrake for easy stopping on trails, it is newborn ready and has ample storage.
- It is more quality: This stroller is higher in price but it offers quality and durability. This is truly the only double stroller you will need.
See all the quality double strollers we’ve reviewed here on Experienced Mommy.
FAQs about the Best Double Jogging Strollers
Are double jogging strollers heavy?
Some double jogging strollers are certainly heavy compared to others. For example, the Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogging Stroller is 43 pounds. On the other hand, the Joovy Zoom X2 is only 28 pounds. As you can see, there are lightweight double jogging strollers out there which is great!
Can I use a regular double stroller for jogging?
Unfortunately, using a regular double stroller for jogging can be unsafe for a few reasons. For example, since you can’t typically lock the front wheels of a regular stroller, there’s a high risk of the wheels suddenly turning which can cause the stroller to twist and possibly tip over. A double jogging stroller is a much safer option because they are designed for jogging in mind and you can lock the front wheel(s) for stability.
Can I put a newborn in a jogging stroller?
Most double jogging strollers are compatible with infant car seats, allowing parents to jog with their newborns safely. Simply check for information from the manufacturer to make sure your newborn can safely ride in their double jogging stroller.
Do double jogging strollers hold car seats?
As mentioned above, most double jogging strollers do hold car seats! This makes jogging very convenient if you have newborn twins or one toddler and one newborn.
The BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie Double Jogging Stroller is my recommendation for the best double jogging stroller. I actually bought my BOB double stroller used and kept it for seven years. After using it almost daily, it was still in great shape and I resold it to another family. The BOB brand is built to last.
I hope this collection of double jogger stroller reviews helps you get out and enjoy some exercise with your family in tow! Happy trails!