Did you know that the average parent owns at least three strollers? As a mom of two and former foster parent, I have owned six strollers throughout the past decade and researched many, many more. While both of the strollers featured in this article are excellent, I strongly recommend the Britax B-Ready over the UPPAbaby Vista. Its lower price, easy folding and storage capability, adaptability, and versatility make it an obvious winner.
The Britax B-Ready stroller started gaining popularity in 2013 and has quickly become one of the best strollers on the market, today. While any experienced parent will tell you that no stroller is perfect, this stroller comes closer than any of its competitors. Its versatility, easy-use, and numerous features eliminate the need for owning multiple strollers, making it a worthy investment for your family.
|Britax B-Ready||UPPAbaby Vista|
- Things I Love About the Britax B-Ready
- Limitations of the UPPAbaby Vista
- Alternatives to the Britax B-Ready and the UPPAbaby Vista
- Product Video
- Customer Reviews
- FAQ’s about the Britax B-Ready Stroller
- What accessories are available to use with this stroller?
- At what age can I use the second seat on the B-Ready?
- At what age can I use the top seat on the B-Ready?
- Can I get another cup holder for the left side of the B-Ready stroller?
- How many recline positions does the second seat on the B-Ready have?
- How do I clean my B-Ready stroller?
- Final Word
Things I Love About the Britax B-Ready
The Britax B-Ready is the ultimate stroller for families with ever-changing needs. With twelve seating options and five fashions choices available, it is adaptable to virtually any parenting scenario. The B-Ready Bassinet, Britax Infant Car Seat, or the B-Ready Second Seat can be paired in a multitude of ways making it the perfect solution for growing families. The inline double seating offers the same maneuverability as a single stroller.
A Britax Stroller Board is also available for purchase, allowing a third child to stand and ride behind the stroller. The Britax Universal Infant Car Seat Adapter is also available, making it compatible with most major brands of infant car seats. An attached 50+ SPF canopy helps shield your little one from the sun’s harmful rays.
Ease of Use
There is no need to remove the second seat. The quick-fold design easily closes the stroller in seconds, even with two seats attached.
Parents love the extra large under seat storage. It is accessible from all sides and fits all of life’s essentials.
The four position recline feature makes it easy to accommodate sleeping infants or attentive toddlers.
An adjustable handlebar with a comfort grip allows parents of all heights to find the best, most comfortable fit.
Limitations of the UPPAbaby Vista
The UPPAbaby Vista is much more expensive that the Britax B-Ready. Considered a luxury stroller, you’re looking at spending well over $1,000 once you purchase the accessories suitable for your family’s lifestyle.
The second seat of the UPPAbaby Vista must be removed prior to folding the stroller. This can be a major hassle if you are frequently getting the stroller in and out of your vehicle.
Parents who use the UPPAbaby Vista with two children claim that the second seat is quite crowded, which usually results in a grumpy, uncomfortable child.
Alternatives to the Britax B-Ready and the UPPAbaby Vista
Let’s face it – babies are expensive and every family has a different budget. If you broke out in a cold sweat while looking at the price tags of these two strollers, don’t worry! I have wonderful, economically priced alternative for you. The Evenflo Sibby Travel System is the perfect, low-priced stroller/infant carrier combo option for a growing family. It even includes a Ride-Along board for an older child, although it does not allow for two sitting children or two infant car seats. It is made for one to be sitting and one to be standing. Coming in at under $200, this travel system features a roll-over tested, rear-facing infant car seat, a three position foot rest, an over-sized storage basket, a parent cup holder, and a full-coverage canopy. Its slim profile and quick fold make this a wonderful, low-budget alternative.
- 4.5 stars, 171 reviews – Kohls
- 4 stars, 66 reviews – Target
- 4 stars, 55 reviews – Bed Bath & Beyond
- 4 stars, 46 reviews – Walmart
FAQ’s about the Britax B-Ready Stroller
What accessories are available to use with this stroller?
- Britax B-Ready Lower Infant Car Seat Adapter
- Britax B-Ready Bassinet
- Britax B-Ready Second Seat
- Britax Universal Infant Car Seat Adapter
- Britax B-Ready Stroller Organizer
- Britax B-Ready Child Tray
- Britax Stroller Board
- Britax B-Ready Rain Cover
- Britax B-Ready Boot Cover
- Britax B-Ready Mosquito Net
- Britax Seat Saver Waterproof Liner
- Britax Convertible Child Cupholder
- Britax Foot Muff
At what age can I use the second seat on the B-Ready?
- The second child seat is suitable from birth up to 35 lbs.
At what age can I use the top seat on the B-Ready?
- The top seat is suitable from 6 months up to 55 lbs.
Can I get another cup holder for the left side of the B-Ready stroller?
- The B-Ready is designed to accommodate a cup holder on the right side only.
How many recline positions does the second seat on the B-Ready have?
- The second seat has four recline positions, including the folded position.
How do I clean my B-Ready stroller?
- Dump the crumbs. Grab a handheld vacuum or the nozzle attachment of your household vacuum to suck up all the crumbs from your child’s seat. The area where the back meets the bottom of the seat will be the area that needs the most attention. A good vacuuming should remove a lot of the cereal, raisins, and any other unidentifiable debris from the fabric quickly and easily.
- Refresh the fabric. Using cold water and mild soap, give the entire fabric seating area and canopy a good cleaning with a damp cloth. Use a soft fabric brush (or toothbrush) to scrub any soiled areas that require extra attention. With a dry towel, wipe away excess water and soap. Let the fabric air dry in a warm place. Britax does not recommend removing and machine washing or drying stroller fabrics.
- Freshen up the frame. The metal and plastic components of your stroller will also need a cleaning. Take this time to inspect the parking brake to make sure it locks both wheels securely and is free from any debris like dirt, leaves, and hair. Clean the metal frame and also check for any hidden debris. Wipe the frame with a damp cloth and mild soap. Use a clean, dry cloth or towel to wipe away excess water and soap. Avoid using abrasives, solvents, strong detergents, or household cleaners. These products can scratch, discolor, and weaken plastic or cause corrosion on metal surfaces. While looking through the frame, check any moving parts or car-seat adapters to ensure they are in tip-top shape.
- Wash the wheels. Your stroller’s wheels are where the rubber meets to the road, so they’re bound to be a little dirty! Inspect the wheels to make sure they are in proper working condition. You can also remove the stroller wheels to better access and clean any dirt or debris which may have collected there. To remove wheels, simply push the release button on or around the wheel.
- Storage success. After washing and air-drying the stroller, make sure to store it properly to prevent damage while not using the stroller. To prevent rust and mold from appearing, never fold the stroller when wet or damp, and always make sure that the stroller is dry before storing. To prevent damage to plastic parts, store away from extreme heat. For lengthy storage periods, be sure to cover the stroller to prevent dust build-up and exposure to sunlight. Avoid stacking other items on top of the stroller.
Unless you plan on holding your baby 24/7, you are going to need a stroller. Whether you’re at the park, at the mall, at the zoo, going for a walk, or just out sight-seeing, a stroller provides a stress-free, hassle-free, convenient way to transport your baby. Your little one will find comfort in the stroller while being able to wiggle and explore. Your arms and shoulders will thank you for not having to carry your child over long distances. A quality stroller stands the test of time and adapts to your family’s ever-changing needs. The Britax B-Ready stroller does just that! With its diverse options and versatility, it eliminates the need for multiple strollers – deeming it a worthy investment for years (and babies) to come.