Graco is planning the release of a new car seat called the Turbo Go. We don’t have any details about the new seat but we’ll publish a review as soon as the information is available.
Graco car seats hold five of the top ten most purchased models on Amazon. These include the:
- Graco Extend2Fit convertible
- Graco 4ever 4 in 1 convertible
- Graco Milestone all in 1
- Graco Nautilus 65 3 in 1 harness booster
- Graco Atlas 2 in 1 harness booster
And those are just the ones at the top of the heap. Also popular are the:
- My Ride 65 LX
- Affix Youth Booster
- Backless Turbobooster
- Highback Turbobooster
- Snugride Click Connect 35
- Size4Me 65 Convertible
Graco car seats, like all the other top manufacturers, meet and often exceed federal safety requirements or they would not be permitted to sell them. But some seats excel even further in the area of safety like the Turbobooster that received a top award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
As time goes on, new materials like EPS, which is a high grade, impact absorbent foam, are incorporated in more car seats. With the attention given to side impacts, Graco is also providing more structural side impact protection as well as head cushions that fill the space between small baby heads and the sides of the infant car seats. Graco calls it Safety Surround.
The latch system is a metal latch attaching to the car seat frame that is attached to a strap. The strap is important because you can pull it from the front of the car seat to pull the seat up tight against the car’s seat. This feature isn’t available in all of Graco’s seats. Some are still attached only with seatbelts. There is nothing unsafe about seatbelt attachments if they are done properly, but it leaves the car seat a bit wobbly and doesn’t always look or feel tight.
Convertible car seats are meant to accommodate growing children. They have features that allow the straps to easily adjust so that children can be comfortable in the same seat as they get bigger.
From an economic point of view, that means you may be able to use the same car seat for a child from 30 lbs up through as much as 120 lbs depending on the model of the convertible car seat.
Although we don’t know what features the Graco Turbo Go will reveal, we are hoping for these standards:
- Easy and safe buckling. Although safety is critical, usability is actually more of a distinguishing feature between car seats. And buckling is the thing that is the trickiest and that you do the most often. That’s why this should be one of your top priorities.
- Storage space. Cup holders are a must-have!
- Breathable material. Being hot and sweaty on car trips is no fun no matter how big you are.
- Washable. Um, yes, car seats get messy. It is really nice to be able to remove the covers and throw them in the wash, or at a minimum, to have easy cleanup. That means having durable, washable materials, but it also means car seat designs that don’t have little holes that fill with cheerios and are impossible to empty.
- Comfort. Who doesn’t want to be comfortable?
We are excited to see what the Turbo Go offers and will keep this article updated as news comes in.