Shopping for baby furniture is always a challenge, but baby dressers are particularly difficult. You want something appropriate for when your baby is small; but because babies grow at a rapid pace, it also needs to work for larger children. Plus, some people like their dresser to also serve as a baby changing station. I know I did.
Then, there are the concerns about quality, durability, child safety, and price. Don’t worry. I’ve taken all of those factors into consideration to select the very best baby dressers available. Here’s my list.
|The Best Baby Nursery Dressers||Why It's Best||Mom Rating|
|Delta Children Haven 6 Drawer Dresser||Modern and sleek dresser to fit decor in any room. Can transform into changing table with kit.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Storkcraft Avalon 6 Drawer Dresser||Classic sleigh design with functional and large drawers.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Babyletto Hudson 3 Drawer Changer Dresser||Pretty durable construction and a chic, modern design.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Delta Children Universal 6 Drawer Dresser||Whether you value style or safety, this dresser has it all. Plus, it's very reasonably priced.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Davinci Jayden 4 Drawer Dresser||This modern dresser is well-made for the price and has a taller, stacked design.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|South Shore Convertible Changing Table||Converts from a changing table into a dresser and has handy storage shelves.||♥♥♥♥♥|
Best Baby Dresser of 2020
Delta Children Haven 6 Drawer Dresser
The Delta Children Haven 6 Drawer Dresser is a simple and modern dresser that is available in White or Bianca White. Drawers inside are designed with metal drawer guides with safety stops. A sleek design means that this dresser can work in any room whether it’s a nursery, bedroom, or living area.
For newborns, Delta offers a Changing Kit that can be attached to this dresser to transform this dresser into a changing table.
Assembling is required and may be difficult for the less experienced. For those who are experienced, it may take about an hour to fully assemble and will be worth it in the end. The Delta Haven Dresser is a quality piece that can last for years.
Storkcraft Avalon 6 Drawer Universal Dresser
Last on the best dresser list is the Storkcraft Avalon 6 Drawer Universal Dresser. This is the best selling nursery dresser on Amazon for several reasons:
- It is pretty – The sleigh design is classic
- It is functional – The drawers are big and the construction is solid
- It is Storkcraft – Storkcraft is a good brand and there are many matching pieces to choose from
The sides and back go up beyond the top so that you can place a changing pad on top. Although that might be tempting, be very careful because there is no rail or side on the front. You’ll be better off having a separate piece that is safe and designed to be a changing table. But for storage, this nursery double dresser is perfect.
Babyletto Hudson 3 Drawer Changer Dresser
Babyletto has made quite a name for themselves in the world of modern nursery furniture. The Babyletto Hudson 3 Drawer Changer Dresser draws on the demand that modern parents have for sleek and functional furniture. This baby dresser certainly works as well as it looks.
There are 3 big drawers with metal drawer gliders. Think of them opening and shutting with the ease of an office filing cabinet. These drawers also have a stop mechanism so that they won’t slide out onto your little one. On the right hand side is a tall cabinet section with one shelf in the middle. This is the perfect spot for toys, diapers, shoes, hats, or other things that don’t need a drawer.
This is a convertible dresser that also functions as a changing table. This is wonderfully convenient because you can remove the safety changing tray once baby is out of diapers. Then, it’s still a functional piece of furniture that will work well for an older child.
The engineered wood and pine with 4 possible finishes is non-toxic and safe when it comes to lead and phthalates. It also comes with anti-tip hardware so that you can avoid a furniture accident with your adventurous toddler. But be warned, assembly is harder than it seems!
Delta Children Universal 6 Drawer Dresser
I like to be a frugal person. I like value and feeling like I’m getting a good deal for my money, and that’s how I feel about the Delta Children Universal 6 Drawer Dresser.
An Impressive Value
This dresser has everything that I look for: it’s solid wood, the drawers are on metal rails with a stopper system, it’s got an anti-tipping device, and it’s beautiful. The style is classic, so the dresser can continue to be used even as your child grows.
It meets and exceeds my expectations. Plus, it’s priced fairly. To me, this is the top baby dresser.
- Dimensions: 48.5″L x 20.75″W x 34.75″H
- Weight: 120 pounds
- Interior drawer dimensions: 19.5″ x 14″ x 5″
- Is assembly required?: Yes.
What I Love
- Simple, classic design: Whether you’re shopping for a small dresser for yourself or a baby dresser, this piece of furniture is classic and lovely. Because of its timeless design, this dresser will be a beautiful addition to any room no matter the design or theme.
- Drawers with safety stops: In solid dressers, safety stops are a must to ensure the safety of your child. It’s so comforting to know that your child can’t pull a filled wood drawer out on top of themselves.
- Anti-tipping device: Kids use drawers as steps. This can lead to tipping the dresser. That’s why it’s so important to use the anti-tipping device to secure your dresser once it’s assembled and ready to be installed.
- It comes in 6 colors: The colors include espresso cherry (pictured above), black, black cherry, dark chocolate, grey, and white.
- It’s reasonably priced: Considering you’re buying a substantial piece of furniture, this dresser is very reasonably priced.
- Eligible for free replacement parts: This means that if, while assembling your dresser, you discover that you’re missing some pieces or have a damaged piece; you can easily get a replacement without having to disassemble and return your dresser. For anyone who has never assembled their own furniture, let me assure you that this is very important!
- 90 day limited manufacturer’s warranty: It’s always reassuring to see a manufacturer’s warranty on a piece of furniture. This way, you know that if something goes wrong and you somehow have a fluke defect, you’re covered.
What I Don’t Love
- Assembly: Although I can do it, I don’t love assembling things myself (particularly substantial pieces of furniture). That’s a task that I’d rather leave to the pros.
- The drawer size: I’m not sure that I would prefer 6 smaller drawers to one larger drawer.
- An odor?: Some people have complained about a strong odor. It even triggered one woman’s asthma. These chemicals can be dangerous to your health and the health of your baby. If you have a smelly dresser, make sure to let the pieces air outside before assembly.
You can find lightweight cradle options to go with this style in our best cradle for baby article.
Davinci Jayden 4 Drawer Dresser
This dresser is the ideal piece of furniture to get your child from infancy into the elementary years. The Davinci Jayden 4 Drawer Dresser is priced in a way that if they color on it or chip the paint, you won’t feel tempted to take the money out of their college fund. I wouldn’t say it’s a super cheap nursery dresser, but it’s lower priced. It has the polished look of a nice dresser and the price and awful assembly of a cheap furniture-in-a-box piece. It’s a good compromise for the nursery.
This dresser has 4 drawers in a taller, stacked style. All drawers have wooden circle knob pulls, metal track gliders, and a stopping mechanism. It has 4 short feet at the bottom and will totally fit a changing table pad on top, although there’s no changing table box to keep the pad in place. You’ll have to use your own ingenuity to keep a baby safe on top. Oh, and be aware that since this is a taller, stacked dresser, it’s at a higher height than a lot of actual changing tables.
Like most furniture you’ll find online at this price point, this is made from a combination of New Zealand pine and MDF. The paint is safe, even if the quality of the whole thing is…meh. It is surprisingly sturdy once put together, though, and it matches the Jayden 4-in-1 Crib perfectly.
South Shore Convertible Changing Table with Drawers
Most traditional dressers have 3, 4, 5, or 6 drawers. What I love about the South Shore Convertible Changing Table Dresser is that it not only has the drawer storage, but it has shelf storage too! This makes it easier to store a variety of things that will come and go as baby grows.
The changing table mode is truly fabulous. There’s a top tray that has a spot for the changing pad and then there’s another square spot for other items. I like that it keeps this section, where you could stack diapers, wipes, or even put a lamp, separate from where the baby will be laying. The open shelves below are the perfect place to put diapers, too!
Then as your kiddo grows, they’ll probably opt to put toys or maybe hats and shoes on the shelves and clothing in the 4 drawers. The top drawer is nice and big and is made to look like 2 skinny drawers. Then there’s 2 decent sized drawers and 1 small drawer, perfect for socks and undies.
This has a modern look, with recessed sides and lots of square lines. Although it looks like the edges are sharp, they’re all rounded for safety. True, it’s made from cheaper and less durable laminated particle board. And yes, you’ll have to put this thing together, which is less than ideal. But it wipes clean in a snap and it has just the right amount of sturdiness to survive until your child is old enough to not destroy it.
Be sure to check out the South Shore 2 Shelf Storage Unit with Drawers for a cute bookcase to match and provide even more storage!
Evolur Madison Double Dresser
The Evolur Madison Double Dresser is the highest priced and probably the most elegant dresser on this list.
With large and small drawer sizes offset and decorative trim it goes beyond many of the plainer pieces you find in a lot of nurseries. It includes quality features like dovetailed drawer joints to make them last much longer, hardwood materials and 3 tier glides for smooth operating drawers. The size of this nursery double dresser is great, because there’s no lack of storage.
Evolur also makes a crib in the same Antique Grey Mist color to match the dresser.
Evolur Cheyenne and Santa Fe Double Dresser
The Evolur Cheyenne and Santa Fe Double Dresser is a beautiful gender-neutral dresser that comes in Antique Brown, Antique Mist, and Stormy Grey colors.
Rustic Yet Modern
The beauty of these Evolur dressers is the rustic yet modern aesthetic. This dresser would fit in quite well with a nursery that is woodland themed or includes neutral colors. An awesome part of this dresser is how it can fit as well in a nursery room as it can an adult bedroom or living area. With this in mind, this Evolur dresser could really last years and years!
- Dimensions: 54″ W x 20.3″ L x 33″ H
- Weight: 140.8 pounds
- Number of drawers: 7
- Is assembly required?: No! It arrives completely assembled.
What I Love
- Fully-assembled: Although I’ve gotten good at assembly, I would much prefer that a professional has done it — particularly if I’m also having to deal with pregnancy brain.
- The rustic yet modern design: Frequently, baby dressers are sort of a standard, plain item. I love seeing some design and thought into something that should easily last with your baby for over a decade.
- Add-ons: You can add on a changing table OR a hutch/bookcase!
- Included anti-tip kit: No worrying about this dresser tipping over! It comes with an anti-tip kit that you can install.
- It’s simple, yet adorable: This isn’t a flashy furniture piece, but it’s fun, and its simple design should help keep this piece incorporated in your child’s room as he or she grows.
- It comes in 3 colors: The color choices are Antique Brown (shown above), Antique Mist, and Stormy Grey
What I Don’t Love
- The price: This dresser is not cheap, especially if you want the Antique Mist color.
- Heavy: A heavy dresser is nice when you don’t an opportunity for kids to move it around. The downfall is that it might be a pain to move yourself!
Badger Basket Sleigh Style Changing Table
The Badger Basket Sleigh Style Changing Table is the changing table/dresser that I decided on for my firstborn. We used this as a changing station, dresser, and toy storage unit for my first child right up until I had the second child three years later. Then, it moved on to the new baby. Now, it’s with my nephew.
Sometimes, Less Is More
This dresser is the least substantial of all the other dressers that I’ve mentioned. Only the frame is wooden, and it’s very sturdy. The drawers are made from a canvas that kept its form for a surprisingly long time.
Part of the reason why I selected this dresser was because of the drawers. I wanted something very lightweight so that if my child pulled the drawer out on top of himself, he wouldn’t really get hurt. This didn’t turn out to be an issue as often as I thought it would, but it was helpful at least one or two times per child.
Plus, saving space leaves you more room for things like a best baby glider.
- Dimensions: 37.5″ x 19″ x 37.5″
- Weight: 36.3 pounds
- Number of drawers: 6
- Drawer dimensions: Small baskets are 9.5″ L x 17.25″ W x 7″ H. Large baskets are 20.25″ L x 17.25″ W x 7″ H.
- Is assembly required?: Yes.
What I Love
- Sturdy, lightweight canvas drawers: I was really surprised at how long these canvas drawers kept their shape. In order to help your drawers keep their shape, avoid putting heavy objects in the top or second row of drawers.
- Drawers of two different sizes: When my boys were babies, I loaded the top large drawer with diapers, wipes, and creams. I put extra Diaper Genie refills in the top small drawer. Then, the second-row drawers were filled with clothes, and the bottom row was filled with toys.
- Great price: Of all the listed baby dressers, this one is the second least expensive.
- It comes in 3 colors: You can choose from gray (pictured), cherry (which was my choice), and black.
- Its reversible design: Turn it how you’d like; set it how you’d like. These drawers slide all the way through and the front and back of the dresser are identical. This means you could even have this dresser/changing station standing in the middle of a room.
What I Don’t Love
- The form of the drawers breaks down with time and weight: I made a mistake early on by placing some heavy books in the large middle drawer. I noticed that the drawer started to sag, so I moved that drawer to the bottom so the supporting rails could support the sag of the drawer. From then on, I did my best to keep the contents of the drawers light.
- Assembly: While the directions were very straightforward, some of the holes were not drilled to be as large as they needed to be. My pregnant self was literally on the verge of tears, staring at this last hole that wouldn’t seem to line up and coming to grips with the notion that I was going to have to take this piece of furniture apart and mail it back to the company. Luckily, that didn’t happen because my husband saw that the final hole just needed to be a bit bigger, and he fixed it.
SONGMICS 4-Tier Storage Dresser
The SONGMICS 4-Tier Storage Dresser is a lightweight yet sturdy dresser that holds 8 fabric drawers. Because of the lightweight and space-saving design, this dresser can easily be placed in a nursery, closet, and moved around whenever needed. For the price, you receive space and organization that 8 drawers provide without having to pay a ton of money for a large and heavy dresser. Grey fabric drawers in contrast to the clean white dresser is a modern look that will look great in any room.
For safety, the dresser comes with an anti-tip strap so there’s no worries of this toppling over onto a little one. The corners are also rounded as to not be sharp if a child runs into the dresser. A cool feature of this dresser is that it can stand on uneven ground. How? Each leg can be adjusted to the perfect height to prevent rocking! Assembly is easy and should only take a couple of minutes. By the way, this dresser holds up to 66 pounds!
MaidMAX Home Dresser Cabinet
The MaidMAX Home Dresser Cabinet is great because it’s sized perfectly for kids. And since this cheap nursery dresser is lightweight and small, it’s not as much of a hazard in the nursery. Your child will easily be able to pull out the cloth cube drawers to get to their favorite clothes or toys.
The metal frame on this dresser is made from an anti-rusting metal. The top is particle board for easy cleaning. There are 2 large cubes and 3 smaller cubes for storing things. Each cube has a thick wood handle that’s sure to hold up to enthusiastic little friends.
Because this measures in at 32.6″ L x 11.4″ W x 30.3″ H and can only hold 81 pounds overall, it’s not a great choice if you want to have it double as a changing table. But for organizing, it doesn’t get much more inexpensive or convenient than this.
All of the above-mentioned baby dressers will be safe and beautiful in your baby’s room. Really, it all comes down to personal preference in regards to style and price. I chose the Badger Basket Sleigh Style Changing Table for my first child, and we used it for my second.
However, if I were shopping again, I would probably choose the Delta Children Universal 6 Drawer Dresser. It meets and exceeds all of my expectations. Plus, I like that this one purchase ends the quest for the perfect dresser for this child until he or she is much bigger.