Swinging is a calming feeling for many, especially babies and toddlers. My favorite toddler swing is the Benlet 3 In 1 Swing Seat because it provides the versatility to grow with your toddler until they are teenagers. Keep reading to find out more about this swing and the others that made my Best list.
Best Multi-Stage Swing
Benlet 3 In 1 Swing Seat
I love the Benlet 3 In 1 Swing Set because of its ability to grow with your child. As soon as your child is able to sit up unassisted, you can start using this swing. Once your child gains the independence of a toddler, remove the red T bar guard and let your little one get in and out of the swing themselves. When your toddler has the balance necessary to sit on the swing without the back, you can remove that piece, too.
Why It’s So Great
This swing grow with your child throughout life. In fact, it’s weight tested for up to 300 pounds. So, as long as you can fit on the seat, you can swing!
Additionally, this is an indoor/outdoor swing. This means that, if your house is set up for it, you could install the swing indoors when your child is little. Once they want to swing higher or need more space, you can move the swing outdoors.
Unlike some other swings that may have a similar appearance, this swing comes with full assembly instructions and all the assembly pieces you will need. This means that you can assemble the swing exactly the way it’s meant to be. This is essential for ensuring your little one’s safety.
Also, you can rest assured that the Benlet 3 In 1 Swing Set seat won’t crack. It’s made of a sturdy plastic that holds up to the stress from all sorts types of weather.
- Material: Plastic, Nylon
- Backrest to Table Height: 35 cm/ 13.8 inch
- Inner Size: 33 x 24.5 cm/ 13 x 9.6 inch (Length x Width)
- Chain Length: 2 m
- Hole Width: 14 cm/ 5.5 inch
- Hole Length: 16.5 cm/ 6.5 inch
- Weight: 2.44 kg
- Load Capacity: Up to 300 pounds
- Length of the Rope: 78.7 inch
- Size of the Seat: 13 x 9.6 x 13.8 inch (L x W x H)
- Age Range: Above 6 months old
- Always double check that the swing is in good condition and not cracked or broken anywhere before you put your toddler in.
- Ensure that the cords aren’t frayed and the safety strap is in good condition.
- Be aware that the safety strap is the only thing holding your child in the swing.
Best Toddler Bucket Swing
Squirrel Products High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing
You can’t go wrong with a traditional bucket seat for a toddler. This style is popular in parks across America, and there’s a reason–toddlers love them! Toddlers love swinging in a swing like big kids, and parents love the extra security that the front of the bucket provides. Although there are many choices for toddler bucket swings, I chose the Squirrel Products High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing as the best.
Why It’s So Great
This bucket swing has a bit of a raised back, which provides extra support for your toddler. As your child develops coordination and core muscle strength, a slightly higher back is a helpful feature in a bucket swing. With the extra support, your child will feel safe to play and have fun.
Also, the high quality construction and materials will ensure that your child will be able to enjoy the swing for a long time. The swing itself is made of a durable plastic, and the hardware is galvanized.
- Bucket depth front: 9 in.
- Bucket depth back: 10.5 in
- Leg Hole Dimensions: 5.5 in
- Chain Length: 66 Inches
- Plastic Coating: 30 Inches
- Maximum Weight: 150 Pounds
- Age Range: 6 months-4 years old
- Obviously, your toddler will need help getting in to and out of this swing. For extremely independent toddlers, this could be a deal breaker.
- Although it is indicated by the manufacturer that the Squirrel Products High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing is appropriate for children 6 months-4 years old, some reviews indicate that the swing is too big for babies. Literature that came with the swing indicated that it was more appropriate for children 2-5 years old. If you’re shopping for a toddler, this should still be appropriate.
Best Hammock Swing
OUTREE Kids Pod Swing Seat Hammock
The feeling of gentle rocking and weightlessness is so relaxing. Although often overlooked, hammocks are a great way to offer the swinging sensation to your toddler. The best hammock swing is the OUTREE Kids Pod Swing Seat Hammock.
Why It’s So Great
This wonderful indoor/outdoor hammock swing is the perfect addition to any bedroom or backyard. You could use this in a corner of a reading nook, or hang it from your favorite tree outside. Either way, the OUTREE Kids Pod Swing Seat Hammock creates a safe swing/seat/cocoon for your child.
The hammock is made of 100% cotton-canvas. This is a similar material to what other outdoor hammocks use, so you know that it will be able to be outside and last.
The main reason that I picked this hammock swing, though, is because it’s just so cool! I can’t imagine I kid that wouldn’t be elated to receive one of these as a gift.
- Package contents: a cloth case, inflatable PVC cushion, stainless hook, nylon strap, and a ceiling nut
- Age Range: 2 and older
- Weight Range: Up to 170 pounds
- Hammock Weight: 2.36 pounds
- Hammock Dimensions: 59 x 27.5 inches
- As always, supervise your toddler. If your toddler tries to use this as a regular swing, he or she could easily be dumped from the hammock.
- If your toddler is wanting to swing higher and higher, this hammock swing would not be the best choice.
- The fabric could tear, resulting in a fall for your little one. It doesn’t happen often, but some people have complained about weak seams in the hammock. This results is a rip and a fall.
- The inflatable cushion could get a leak. Again, it’s not very often, but some people have complained of leaks in their inflatable cushion. Fortunately, you should be able to sub in another pillow and be ready to return to swinging.
Best Saucer Swing
Royal Oak Giant Saucer Swing
Modern saucer swings are like a horizontal tire swing without the hole in the middle. They’re a perfect way for kids to be together on a swing without falling out of the center. These swings also provide the opportunity for kids to stretch out, either on their backs or stomachs, to enjoy the ride. The best saucer swing is the Royal Oak Giant Saucer Swing.
Why It’s So Great
The Royal Oak Giant Saucer Swing is built to last! With durable construction weather proof fabric, this swing can stay outdoors and be use all year long. However, it could also be indoors if you have the right space for it.
Furthermore, the manufacturers take safety seriously. This swing is ASTM F963-11 and CPSIA section 101 (a)(2) approved, and it has a load rating of 400 pounds.
In fact, the manufacturers are so convinced that you’ll love this swing that they offer a 12 month warranty and Money Back Guarantee. Out of all the swings that I looked at, this is the only one to offer either a warranty or guarantee, and they offer both!
However, a large reason why I selected the Royal Oak Giant Saucer Swing is because I love how it looks. As a kid, I loved rainbows and both my kids love rainbows, too. Plus, saucer swings give kids a great chance to experience the old school tire swings that I loved without the risk of falling through the middle.
- Package Dimensions: 29 x 14.5 x 3 inches
- Item Weight: 7.5 pounds
- Age Range: 3 years and up
- Speaking from personal experience, once that swing starts moving, stay back. Don’t try to catch the swing! My six-year-old tried to stop an empty saucer swing, and it clocked him in the face right above his nose. Because of the solid construction, its force is too much for a child to be able to control.
- Unlike other kinds of swings that offer a restraining strap, your child will be unrestrained.
- Monitor your toddler on and around this swing.
Although I would truly recommend all of these swings, my top recommendation is the Benlet 3 In 1 Swing Seat. With a reasonable price and the ability to adapt the swing to your growing child, this swing should last for a long time.
Personally, I’m a one-and-done kind of gal. Once I shop for something, I don’t want to shop for it again. I expect my well-researched purchases to last. So, in this situation, I expect this swing seat to last until my child’s bottom no longer fits in the contoured plastic seat.
When this happens, I’ll move on to either the Royal Oak Giant Saucer Swing or the OUTREE Kids Pod Swing Seat Hammock. We will choose the saucer swing if we’re going to add a swing outside, and we’ll choose the hammock swing as an indoor swing option.