As a mother who has used many different strollers, I know that finding a stroller blanket that really works well for a variety of different strollers is very important.
You don’t want one that doesn’t completely cover your baby if need be, but you don’t want something that’s going to hang down too far as that risks getting the blanket caught in the stroller wheels. A blanket that’s too thick won’t work well in the spring and fall, but one that’s too thin is likely to allow too much wind to pass through the fibers.
Overall, it can be a daunting task to find the blanket that is just perfect for you and your little one. That’s why I’ve spent some time researching different stroller blankets. Of course, not every mother wants or needs the same thing, so it’s likely not all of these blankets will suit your own particular needs. I do hope, however, that one of them will be perfect for you.
|Best Stroller Blanket||Why It's Best||Mom Rating|
|Summer Infant Muslin Stroller Blanket||Made of all-season fabric, easily attaches to stroller and easy to stow away.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|JJ Cole Urban Bundleme||Features the bunting style and has a removable top.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|HelloBaby Luxury Organic Stroller Blanket||Large enough for multiple uses and comes with clips for attaching to the stroller.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|EVEN Naturals Stroller Mosquito Net||Large size and super fine mesh, chemical free bug repellent.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Funlife Waterproof Extendable Baby Bunting Bag||Waterproof outer and soft inner won't slip or slid in the stroller.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Miracle Baby Waterproof Baby Stroller Blanket||Cute and basic blanket keeps baby dry and warm.||♥♥♥♥♥|
Summer Infant Muslin Stroller Blanket
This particular blanket is great for so many reasons, and can provide the perfect atmosphere for a napping baby. The muslin fabric means that it will work well in a variety of seasons, providing protection from such elements as direct sunlight, wind, bugs and more.
The “peekaboo” window, which is protected with netting so no bugs can get through, gives you the opportunity to check on your baby anytime you want without worrying about exposure. It can also allow older babies to ride in comfort, protected, and still have the ability to see through the window.
It easily attaches to almost any stroller, thanks to the string ties that are made into the blanket. When not attached to the stroller, it can simply be used as a nice soft blanket, all by itself.
Measuring 28 x 44 inches, it’s the perfect size for the stroller, but can also be used in shopping carts, in the car seat, or even in the baby swing at home. It’s truly a stroller blanket that has multiple uses and can come in handy in a variety of situations. When you’re not using it, it folds neatly for storage just about anywhere.
It Is So Versatile
Having a good stroller blanket is one thing. Having a good stroller blanket that meets so many needs all at once is another. And that’s important, especially for busy moms! You’ll be able to use this blanket in a variety of different ways, maybe even some I haven’t mentioned here.
Why I Love It
- It attaches so easily: You simply tie this blanket into place and you don’t have to worry about edges that hang over, so it’s safe. The ties also make it possible to use this blanket with a variety of different strollers.
- It has a mesh window for great protection: I love the fact that you can leave the window flap closed to keep the sun out completely while the baby sleeps. But you can also leave it open and still have complete protection against bugs and even the wind.
JJ Cole Urban Bundleme
The Urban Bundleme is another stroller blanket that offers great versatility, as it can be used with not only strollers, but also car seats, joggers and more. It’s 100% polyester, wind resistant and water resistant so it really comes in handy in various weather conditions.
This stroller blanket is perfectly suited for those really chilly days and can keep your baby super warm and comfy. You find the JJ Cole Urban Bundleme stroller winter cover in sizes for both infant and toddler and they come in various colors, so you can mix and match.
You can even toss the Bundleme right in the wash, as it is completely machine washable. But more importantly, it has openings in the back that allow you to thread in the safety harness for ultimate safety. And if the weather gets too warm, all you have to do is remove the top for temperature control that’s quick and easy. It measures 35.4 x 21.3 inches, so it’s easy to store when not in use.
It’s Great For Colder Seasons
The Bundleme is filled with thermaplush, so it makes a great stroller blanket for winter walks or getting from the car to your destination in a stroller or car seat. On the other hand, the top zips off, so it isn’t too hot for other seasons as well. Versatility is a key, and the Bundleme has it.
Why I Love It
- It Has the Bunting Style: Nothing is quite so snuggly as a blanket that acts more like a sleeping bag. Then again, it’s versatile enough to be used in other ways as well, which comes in handy for mom and baby alike.
- It Comes in Fashionable Colors: If you’re looking to match colors, it’s easy to do with this stroller blanket. For instance, you can choose Blueberry, Ice, Ocean, Sassy (which is a hot pink) and so many more.
Of course, you’ll find this amazingly popular stroller footmuff atop the list of our Best Stroller Footmuff article.
Luxury Organic Stroller Blanket
This stroller blanket is made from 100% organic muslin (cotton) and can be used for the stroller, carrier, car seat and even privacy in breastfeeding. The material is lightweight and soft, so it will keep your baby warm, but will never cause overheating. It comes with the clasps necessary to attach the blanket to the stroller, but they are removable, so you can use it anywhere at all.
It’s almost as if you have two blankets with this product, because it is double lined, reversible and comes with two sets of clips. The large 48 x 48 inch size means that it can be used to keep out the sun, block the wind and offer a safe playtime mat just about anywhere.
It’s a Great All-Occasion Blanket
One of the things I find most notable about this blanket is the fact that it comes in a neutral color. That means that if you’re looking to give it as a gift and miss the gender reveal, you still can’t go wrong! It works just as well for baby girls as it does for baby boys. And it comes in a box that just begs to be wrapped.
What I Love About It
- It’s large, but not thick: Its size makes it appropriate for a variety of different settings and seasons. It’s big enough to be doubled over to provide extra warmth if necessary, but not so thick that it’s cumbersome. The size makes it ideal for light stroller users.
- It’s practical: If you’re looking for a great all-purpose blanket, this could be the blanket for you. When you add all the benefits together, you have a stroller blanket that meets a lot of other needs as well, and that really comes in handy.
EVEN Naturals Stroller Mosquito Net
If you are looking for mosquito protection only, this would be a good choice. Unlike the muslin stroller blanket, the EVEN Naturals Stroller Mosquito Net doesn’t protect against all the elements. However, if you’re looking for protection against mosquitoes, bugs, flies and other pests that often bother your baby, it’s definitely a good alternative.
It measures in at 44 x 48 inches, so you can rest assured that all of baby will be covered. It attaches with a simple elastic band at the bottom to keep it in place. The holes measure in at 380 holes per square inch, so it’s a very fine mesh netting. This polyester net is the best bug protection for your stroller.
It Has Light Protection
Not all moms need a blanket to keep their little one warm. Many times, it’s a shield against bugs and pests. This offers a simple and lightweight way to do that, while still giving full view of the baby. It fits any size or shape of stroller or car seat, making it ideal for travel.
Why I Love It
- It protects baby: The mesh is really fine, letting fresh air in while keeping bugs out. It doesn’t use any chemicals, and you won’t have to spray your little bundle of joy with chemical bug repellents.
- It works on lots of baby items: You can use this on not only a umbrella type stroller, but you could use it on a jogging stroller, a car seat, a bassinet, a cradle, or even a smaller pack n play. It is perfect for traveling with because you can use it to transport baby with, as well as when baby is sleeping or playing.
Funlife Waterproof Bunting Stroller Bag
For colder temperatures consider the funlife Waterproof Extendable Baby Bunting Bag for Stroller. This Footmuff is very similar to the Bundleme in that it has the bunting/sleeping bag style and is made for colder temperatures.
This stroller bunting bag is designed to fit any stroller. With 7 harness slots and a good 37 by 18 inch size, it is sure to fit most popular brands of strollers.
When getting baby in and out and secured, there are several options. There’s a middle zipper for getting baby in and out, plus two bottom zippers, one to add a 4 inch extension and one to help ventilate baby and keep them from overheating. It’s basically a great stroller sleeping bag!
Additionally, there are two safety features. The first is a reflective stripe up the front for good visibility in dark conditions. The second is a non-slip pad on the back of the blanket that helps to keep it in place at all times. There are also 2 straps for attaching and securing the blanket to the stroller.
It Is Very Warm
If you live where the temperatures drop down to freezing, but you still have to go out and about with baby, then you’ll love this stroller bunting. It can be made into a hoodie-style by pulling the top drawstring, or you can unzip the front to give baby a little extra air or let those cute toddler snow boots peek out. The fleece interior is so soft and warm that baby will feel quite cozy.
Why I Love It
- It is very safe and secure: With all the zipper options, you can get baby in and out safely and happily. The reflective tape is nice, too. I love the non-slip pad on the back. It keeps baby from getting the blanket all bunched up wrong during an outing, and it keeps it from sliding down when you get baby in and out.
- It is cozy: Many footmuffs have a polyester or synthetic material on the interior, but this one doesn’t. It has baby-friendly fleece to keep your child comfortable and feeling warm. Plus, with 2 sizes to choose from and an optional matching hand muff, they’ll have the right size of blanket to keep them warm.
Miracle Baby Waterproof Baby Stroller Blanket
Another good outdoor blanket is the Waterproof Baby Stroller Blanket by Miracle Baby. It has a polyester waterproof exterior and a soft minky interior, so it’s easily thrown into the washing machine after a damp and cold excursion. It’s a soft and cozy choice that comes in 5 cute patterns.
It has 2 clips at the top corners to help attach it to the stroller. You can clip it to the stroller canopy, or even tuck it behind baby and clip it to the harness for added warmth and stability.
The split design on the top is great for giving space for your baby’s cute little chin. The size of 30 inches by 30 inches is perfect coverage for most babies and toddlers.
It Is a Great Basic Blanket
I love anything that can be used for more than one purpose, and this stroller blanket does just that. You can use it as a stroller blanket, but you could also clip it to the car seat to cover baby. You could even clip it to an infant carrier while you wear baby. And last, but not least, you can use it as a normal blanket for sleep or play time.
Why I Love It
- It is great for all seasons: The minky keeps baby warm, and the polyester keeps baby dry. This makes it ideal for both spring and fall. And while it’s not the utmost level of winter protection, it works for quick outings or for keeping baby cozy outside the stroller.
- It is cute: Stroller sacks serve a purpose, but they aren’t the most attractive thing. I love that this cute blanket is waterproof and warm just like a stroller footmuff, but it offers more breathability, more versatility, and a fun design to fit any style.
Guide to Selecting a Stroller Blanket
As I stated earlier, your particular needs will be your greatest reasons for choosing “blanket A” over “blankets B or C”. For instance, if you live in the deep South, you’ll definitely be looking for something with netting for protection against mosquitoes and other bugs. However, if you are located in the far North, your main concern will probably be warmth and protection from the weather.
The Huffington Post says that a stroller blanket is a must, and I have to agree, especially if you’re going to be out for very long.
The Safety Feature
Call me overprotective – although not a helicopter mom – safety is always my first concern. When it comes to stroller blankets, you can’t just throw any old blanket over the stroller and call it a “done deal”. Doing so can result in the blanket getting caught up in the wheels, dragging on the ground and collecting germs or allowing bugs and other small critters to crawl up into the stroller with the baby. It’s worth it to make sure the stroller blanket you choose is safe!
Also, make sure the blanket is easy to install. A securely fastened blanket is a safe blanket. Just make sure to pick something you’re comfortable with, whether it’s velcro, ties, or something else.
The Washability Feature
If you’re like me, you don’t want to add an item to your baby’s inventory that will cause you extra work. Some stroller blankets have to be washed separately and some even taken to the dry cleaner. It’s so much easier to just throw it in the wash with everything else.
FAQ’s about Stroller Blankets
Is a stroller blanket necessary?
I would say “yes”. Even if you aren’t planning on taking lengthy walks with your baby in a stroller, there will still be times, getting from the car to somewhere else, that you’re sure to need one for some reason or another.
Why can’t I use any regular blanket?
As I mentioned earlier on in this article, using blankets not specifically designed for use on a stroller can lead to safety hazards. This is a perfect case of “better safe than sorry”.
Is one brand better than all the others?
I personally prefer choosing a stroller blanket on features that pertain to me and my particular needs over choosing one because of the name it bears. You might find a super expensive name brand stroller blanket that doesn’t give you near the features of a cheaper brand.
Will a stroller blanket work for as a car seat cover?
Since the sizing is different, most stroller blankets will be too big for a car seat, plus the ties will be in the wrong spot to attach it correctly. You’ll want to check out our best car seat covers for better options for that.
For me, the top pick is definitely the Muslin Stroller Blanket. It has all the features that I would need as a mom in Central Kentucky. The mesh is a major selling factor, as is the fact that it’s great in pretty much any season.