Hearing Daddy’s heartbeat, feeling his warmth, knowing his smell … it intensifies the bonding experience between baby and dad, and gives dad a hint of the closeness that Mom’s been feeling from Day 1 in the womb. My top pick for the best baby carrier for dads is the LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE Original … read on for this review and more to help you pick out the perfect carrier for Dad.
|Best Baby Carriers for Dads||Why it’s Awesome||Rating|
LÍLLÉbaby Six-Position Ergonomic Carrier|
|Multi-position carrying; long-lasting; ergonomic; comfortable; machine-washable|| |
Infantino Flip 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier|
|Affordable; multi-position carrying; comfortable; machine-washable||♥♥♥♥♥|
BabySteps Ergonomic Baby Carrier with Hip Seat|
|Multi-position carrying; reasonably affordable; comfortable||♥♥♥♥♥|
BABYBJORN Baby Carrier One|
|Trusted brand; multi-position carrying; machine-washable||♥♥♥♥♥|
Mountain Buggy Juno Carrier Bundle|
|Multi-position carrying; comfortable; long-lasting||♥♥♥♥♥|
Osprey Packs Poco AG Premium Child Carrier|
|Anti-gravity suspension; built-in sunshade; storage; stirrups for baby||♥♥♥♥♥|
TBG Tactical Baby Carrier|
|Three manly camo designs; machine-washable liner||♥♥♥♥♥|
Lillebaby Six-Position Ergonomic Carrier
Let’s face facts … kids outgrow clothes, carriers and car seats so fast it makes your head spin. You want to invest in a good one that’s durable and will last while your bundle grows, yet you don’t feel like breaking the bank. The LÍLLÉbaby Six-Position Ergonomic Carrier is a great choice to provide comfort, versatility and work great for both Mom AND Dad.
Why it’s Awesome
There are so many fantastic features with this carrier, it’s hard to know where to begin!
- This carrier is ergonomic and provides great lumbar support is a huge plus for anyone with back problems.
- You have the versatility to carry your baby in SIX different positions and the weight limit goes from seven all the way up to 45 pounds, so you can carry from newborn to toddlerhood. (Bonus: There’s also no newborn insert needed with this carrier.)
- The built-in 3D mesh temperature control panel allows your baby a cool ride in the summer and a warmer snuggle in brisk weather.
- It’s machine-washable … we all know that’s clutch!
- This Lillebaby model is also priced well for a carrier that will last you through the toddler years. (Note: If you want to go with a different model, check the company website to compare and contrast features.)
- The added bonus for Dad is that it comes in nice, gender-neutral colors, so he won’t feel like he has to surrender his Man Card any time soon.
Why You Might Pass
- There’s not a lot of pocket space in case you’re looking to bring supplies while you carry, maybe just enough for keys and a diaper.
- One reviewer strongly recommended watching a tutorial on YouTube on how to wear and adjust the carrier because the included instructions weren’t necessarily crystal clear.
- There’s no sunshade to go with this carrier, so if you’re out and about on a sunny day, definitely bring a hat for baby.
Infantino Flip 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier
The Infantino Flip 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier is another great carrier with multiple ways to carry, yet is the easiest on the budget on this list. Plus, with a couple of thousand reviews and coming in as the top soft carrier on Amazon, you can’t go wrong.
- It is extremely affordable. (Note: Just like with Lillebaby, you can check the Infantino company website to compare and contrast features on different models in case this model isn’t the best fit.)
- Versatility for multi-position carrying (four ways), with a weight limit of 32 pounds.
- Machine-washable, including the Wonder Cover bib to help with those serial droolers, and it comes in gender-neutral colors.
- If you like to hip-carry, you’ll want to pass on this brand and go with a different one.
- If you have a chubby not-so-little one (aka more than 32 pounds), this carrier won’t last you until that suggested three-year age limit.
- Just like with the Lillebaby model, there is no sunshade for this carrier.
BabySteps Ergonomic Baby Carrier
If you’re a dad who wants a splash of color, but still wants the versatility and comfort of an ergonomic carrier, I’d suggest the BabySteps Ergonomic Baby Carrier.
- This carrier is reasonably affordable but not the lowest priced.
- Ergonomic with the versatility for multi-position carrying (six ways) and a weight limit of 44 pounds.
- If you have a waistband bigger than 48″ you still have the option of getting an extra extender for a more comfortable fit.
- The teal color makes a nice statement instead of a standard black or gray.
- Not recommended for machine-wash.
- Tiny pocket and no sunshade.
BABYBJORN Baby Carrier One
If you don’t know the BABYBJORN brand when it comes to carriers, you’ve probably been living under a rock. My favorite of all their models for Dad is the BABYBJORN Baby Carrier One.
- This is a trusted brand, around for over 50 years and located in 50 countries. Products are tested and re-tested for the highest quality, so you know you’re getting the best.
- Ergonomic with versatility for multi-position carrying (four ways) and a weight limit of 33 pounds.
- Machine-washable fabric in gender-neutral colors.
- A huge investment and not terribly budget-friendly.
- No pockets.
- No sunshade.
Mountain Buggy Juno Carrier Bundle
If you want close contact with your baby, but want cover for their heads, the Mountain Buggy Juno Carrier Bundle is a great choice.
- Ergonomic with the versatility for multi-position carrying (four ways) and a weight limit of 44 pounds.
- Protective hood and storage.
- Kangaroo-like front pocket for extra snuggles and contact.
- Unsure of washability … there were no details on Amazon or Mountain Buggy’s website.
- Depending on the color you want, the bundles can hit the budget hard.
Osprey Poco AG Premium Carrier
When my husband was in the Navy, we lived in Washington state and loved to hike on the weekends. Our oldest was around 18 months, so we invested in an Osprey Poco carrier for him, which was awesome. From personal experience, I love this backpack and if you’re an avid outdoorsman and active dad, my choice for a splurge is the Osprey Packs Poco AG Premium Child Carrier.
- Max load of all carriers, up to nearly 50 pounds … my six-year-old weighs that much! This “cockpit” of sorts is framed and padded and even has toy clips attached for extra fun.
- Built-in sunshade for all your special outdoorsy moments.
- Plenty of storage for your necessities in a removable daypack.
- Removable and adjustable stirrups for your child’s comfort and removable and washable drool pad.
- This is the most expensive carrier on the list… you’d have to really love to hike to get your money’s worth.
- There is only one way to carry (on your back with your child facing forward).
TBG Tactical Baby Carrier
Man Card Certified
The TBG Tactical Baby Carrier is a perfect choice for the military dad or an especially manly man.
- Three different camo colors.
- Machine-washable liner.
- Fits larger men comfortably.
- This carrier can only be worn on the front, which limits you to two carrying positions (outward- and inward-facing) and the weight limit is 33 pounds.
- No storage and no sunshade.
Okay, Dads … decision time
We know that animal dads don’t have the need for baby carriers, but human dads absolutely do … so which one is the best? Unless Dad only plans to hike outdoors wearing baby, I stick by my top choice of the LÍLLÉbaby Six-Position Ergonomic Carrier. You can’t go wrong with the back support, gender-neutral colors and multi-position carrying.
See? Way less overwhelming than the number of Kardashians … and much sweeter.