What new features make this car seat a true gem?
I’ve had the pleasure of owning a Britax car seat for one of my children, and I have never been more convinced that they were safe in the car. Britax car seats are truly sturdy and safe. But on top of that, my kid loved the seat because he was always snug and happy. Their latest release, the Endeavours, is really amazing and has some innovative updates that are great. It’s got comfort for baby as well as parent-friendly aspects, like the amazing harness system. It is easy to use on-the-go, and has more safety features than ever before. Although the price tag is big, the Britax Endeavours is a fantastic infant car seat.
Why Parents Love This Seat
The first thing I want to talk about are those little features that make this seat cool. While I could easily make the whole entire review about this section alone since this seat has a lot going for it, I’ll try to make my points quickly.
- Easy adjust harness: To move the shoulder straps and headrest, simply click the lever and move the whole thing up or down. You can adjust the shoulder straps to 3 different heights. This is my favorite feature. Someone finally took the easy adjust harness concept that’s so often found in the convertible car seats and put it in a regular infant seat. On behalf of parents everywhere: thank you, Britax!
- Wonderful cover:The cover and all of the fabrics on this thing are nice and soft, so baby is wrapped in comfort. Plus, the seat comes off easily in order to hand-wash. I wish it were machine washable, but at least I can still take it off to get it clean and access all the nooks and crannies.
- Plush padding: The seat has a little padding on the tummy buckle so that it won’t dig into baby or burn them on a hot day. The shoulder straps are nicely padded as well. You can remove the padding when baby gets older and it starts to get in the way, which is nice.
- Ergonomic handle: This one might seem silly, but the handle is really nice. It was specially designed to make it easier for us parents to hold, whether in our hand or on the forearm. Surprisingly, it didn’t hurt my arm like some other seats, although a little more handle padding would be nice.
- Big canopy: The canopy of this car seat extends beyond the handle of the car seat, unlike most other infant seats. Baby gets protected from the scary elements like rain and sun.
- Click&Go capability: This was designed to be part of the Click&Go system, so you can safely install it in any Britax base or into any Britax stroller. You could really design your own travel system by picking any base and any stroller you want (or the ones on sale!).
- Lightweight and compact: Even though this stroller can fit babies from 4 up to 35 pounds, and all the way up to 32 inches tall, it’s not big or bulky. The seat only weighs 11.5 pounds, which is less than some other models out there. It doesn’t take up as much room in the back seat either because it has more compact dimensions.
- THE ONE CON: price. This seat is not cheap and costs double what some of the other seats on the market cost. That’s what you pay for a brand-new seat designed with new safety features.
The Ultimate in Mobility
The purpose of a car seat is to help when you’re on the go, right? So what good is a car seat that’s a pain to take from one place to another? This car seat doesn’t have that problem whatsoever. It’s good to go, with or without the base.
One of the cool features of this car seat is its ability to be baseless. Other car seats out there don’t have this ability, or they do, but it just doesn’t feel safe. The Endeavours has a European belt guide for when you don’t have your base. The lap belt of the car just goes over the infant seat through the guides, and the shoulder part of the belt goes around the back of the car seat through the guide. Once you tighten the seat belt with all your might, the car seat is in there pretty tight, considering that it’s not on a base. This is really handy for when you need to take an Uber or Lyft somewhere and you are not about to lug your car seat base all over the city. This feature single-handedly makes traveling in a different car less stressful.
There’s nothing worse than watching your car seat tip from side to side every single time you take a turn. You want your car seat to be mobile, but not when it isn’t supposed to be! The Britax Endeavors uses SafeCenter latch to hook the base into your car. It’s a simple to use system with an easy-to-follow guide right on the base. Just clip in the latch belts and you’re good to go.
The base also has built-in lock offs to help get the seat belt in just the right place. It makes the belt fit extremely snugly to the base. And in case you’re in doubt about whether you’ve got the reclinable base at the right level, there are levels built into the car seat to let you know when you’ve got it right. All you gotta do is click baby’s seat in or out and you are on your way!
Safer Than Safe
I’ve saved the best feature for last. While the seat is comfortable and has really nifty travel features, it’s the safety aspects that make this seat so fantastic. Safety is present from the bottom of the base to the top of the handle with the Endeavours.
The deep and comfortable seat is more than just stylish and sleek. That deep seat offers incomparable protection in an accident. The outer shell has a layer of foam that will absorb energy, while the foam-lined headrest will soak up the leftovers and protect your bundle of joy’s head. And under all that wonderful plastic and shell is a steel frame. This doesn’t add a lot of weight, but it does add a lot of safety. It means that the seat will keep its integrity during an accident, even if the force is enough to crack or break the thick plastic parts. Baby will be comfortably enveloped in safety without even knowing it.
The most innovative safety features are in the base of the car seat. For starters, it has this strange screen thing on the side that faces the seat of the vehicle. This is the Anti-Rebound Bar. It’s designed to reduce rotation in a rear facing car seat. It actually accomplishes this, reducing rotation by up to 30% in the case of a crash.
The seat staying where it’s meant to means that the rest of the safety features can do their job. Like the SafeCells in the base. These little energy-absorbing honeycombs will compress during an accident. This gives some of the energy of the impact somewhere to go besides your child’s body. This feature actually makes this car seat go above and beyond all federal regulations for impact safety. Combine that with the safe, simple, and sturdy latch system that I already mentioned, and this base is keeping your kiddo completely safe.
See our list of top infant car seats of the year.
- Easy adjust harness with padded straps and tummy buckle
- Comfy, deep seat for baby
- Cover can come off easily to be hand washed
- Ergonomic handle and big canopy
- European belt guide for use without base
- Latch system is easy to use
- Multiple safety features for ultimate safety
- Big price tag
I think you can make your own conclusion from the fact that I’ve only listed one con for this car seat. And it isn’t even anything to do with the car seat itself! The Britax Endeavours Infant Car Seat is simply spectacular. It’s got features like an easy adjust harness, an ergonomic handle, and a comfortable seat for baby that make it easy to love. Combine that with it’s ability to travel easily and be secure both with and without the base, and it’s a winner. But because it has several different safety features, like the Anti-Rebound Bar, the SafeCell base, and a steel frame, it easily becomes one of the best seats on the market. Be prepared to shell out a pretty penny for this seat, though. It doesn’t come cheap. But it’s money well spent for the safety, mobility, and comfort of your sweet little baby.