Sleep is an important part of a healthy pregnancy. The changes your body goes through during this time can make getting much-needed rest a challenge. Some caregivers recommend sleeping on your left side to increase blood flow around your body and to your baby. With a quality designed pregnancy body pillow, you can rest and relax with ease. It provides full support for your neck, back and legs. Here are the top 10 best selling and most recommended pregnancy pillows that are sure to get you resting comfortably.
|Product||Why It Is Best||Mom Rating|
|Queen Rose Full Body Pregnancy Pillow||Firm. Durable. 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|ComfySure Full Body Pregnancy Pillow||Firm. Resilient. Multi-Functional.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Meiz Total Body Contoured Pregnancy Pillow||Low Profile. 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Restorology Full Body Pregnancy Pillow||Zippered Cover. 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|KHOMO Extralight Full Body Pregnancy Pillow||Low Profile. Durable.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Ang Qi Pregnancy Body Pillow||Supportive. Soft. 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Dream Premium Pregnancy Pillow||Full Length. Supportive. 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Nova Microdermabrasion Full Body Pregnancy Pillow||Durable. Hypoallergenic. 1-Year Warranty and Satisfaction Guarantee.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|PharMeDoc Full Body Pregnancy Pillow||Adjustable Filling. Firm. Supportive.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Belovedkai Full Body Pregnancy Pillow||Breathable. Light. 1-Year Warranty.||♥♥♥♥♥|
- Queen Rose Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
- ComfySure Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
- Meiz Total Body Contoured Pregnancy Pillow
- Restorology Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
- KHOMO Extralight Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
- Ang Qi Pregnancy Body Pillow
- Dream Premium Pregnancy Pillow
- Nova Microdermabrasion Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
- PharMeDoc Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
- Belovedkai Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
- Guide to Selecting a Pregnancy Pillow
- FAQ’s about Sleep During Pregnancy
- Final Word
Queen Rose Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
The Queen Rose Full Body Pregnancy Pillow lets you get a good night’s sleep throughout your pregnancy. It is uniquely designed to follow the natural shape of the pregnant mom, and its oversized U shape is long enough for you to stretch out while it supports both sides of your body. Not only do customers use this pillow effectively for pregnancy support and nursing, it is also helpful for drug free pain relief and comfort while sleeping for people with fibromyalgia, sciatica, gastric reflux, congestion, and carpal tunnel syndrome. This pregnancy pillow eliminates tossing and turning, and helps support your back, belly, sides, head, knees, and feet.
Moms rave about the comfort and sound sleep this pillow provides. They praise its firmness and durability, claiming it doesn’t lose its shape after months of use. A 30-Day refund or exchange is guaranteed if you aren’t satisfied with your Queen Rose Full Body Pregnancy Pillow.
ComfySure Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
Sleep is vital to you and your baby’s health during each trimester of your pregnancy. With the ComfySure Full Body Pregnancy Pillow, you can comfortably sleep soundly through the night. This U shaped pillow helps you position yourself to improve blood circulation and reduce pain. It’s specifically designed to help pregnant women sleep on their left side. This multi-functional pillow is beneficial even after pregnancy, and makes your life more blissful when you’re awake, too. It can be used as a couch cushion and floor mat. Easily move and arrange it so you can enjoy a good book or your favorite TV show. It makes nursing and breastfeeding easier for both mom and baby.
Not only does it provide benefits for pregnant women, it also offers support for athletes or anyone recovering from surgery, injuries, and medical procedures. It helps elevate limbs, and can be a helpful tool for physical therapy. Side sleepers love the firmness of this pillow. It is resilient and retains its shape.
Meiz Total Body Contoured Pregnancy Pillow
The Meiz Total Body Contoured Pregnancy Pillow creates a belly support position for reading, watching TV, breastfeeding, etc. Though this pillow was crafted for pregnant mothers, it is also super comfortable for anyone who is needing more support, recovering from surgery, or tired of having to use separate pillows to properly support their head, back, belly, knees, hip, and feet. The full-body contour of this pillow provides a painless and sound sleep.
Moms love the lower profile of this pillow, as it is not as bulky as some. It provides wonderful support without taking up most of the bed. However, some felt that the pillow lost its shape and became lumpy over time. A 30-Day money-back guarantee is offered if you aren’t completely satisfied with your purchase.
Restorology Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
The Restorology Full Body Pregnancy Pillow is designed to follow the natural contours and shape of your body for full body support. This pillow takes the place of multiple pillows, saving valuable bed space. The unique shape of this pillow supports your head, belly, and back to prevent and relieve sciatica, heartburn, and lower back pain. Designed with a zippered cover for easy removal and cleaning, just machine wash and tumble dry for easy care.
While many were surprised by the comfort and quality of this pillow, a few were critical claiming the pillow went flat quicker than they expected. A 30-Day refund guarantee is offered if you aren’t completely satisfied with your purchase.
KHOMO Extralight Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
Whether you are pregnant, experience backaches, have trouble sleeping due to acid reflux, or just want to up your sleeping game, the KHOMO Extralight Full Body Pregnancy Pillow is just what you need. It provides your body with support and comfort, while allowing you to stretch out. Your entire body will feel like it is being snuggled in a cloud. Many maternity pillows are big, bulky, and overstuffed, but this pregnancy pillow is stuffed just right. It has slightly less filling that other U-shaped pillows to make sure it is not too stiff.
Moms highly recommend this pillow for its comfort and durability. However, some said that the pillowcase took some effort to get on and off.
Ang Qi Pregnancy Body Pillow
The Ang Qi Pregnancy Body Pillow is a pregnancy/maternity pillow that was developed with a physical therapist to provide customized support throughout, or after, your pregnancy. This comfortable full body maternity pillow is perfect to give expecting moms the relaxing sleep they need by easing common pregnancy discomforts. Also great for after the baby arrives, this soft cushy pillow provides support for comfy feeding positions, and is easily molded into various shapes. Keeping your hips and spine in a neutral position, this pillow allows you to shift comfortably from side to side as recommended by obstetricians.
Moms love the comfort and support this pillow provides. They also boast about the soft coziness of the jersey cover. A few were critical of this pillow, claiming that the stitching can come undone. A 30-Day money back guarantee is offered if you aren’t completely satisfied with your purchase.
Dream Premium Pregnancy Pillow
The Dream Premium Pregnancy Pillow is designed to follow the natural curved shape of your body, no matter how you like to sleep. It is great for pregnancy pains during, and after, pregnancy. Not just for pregnant moms, this pillow is also great for easing the discomfort of other ailments such as Symphsis Pubis Dysfunction, fibromyalgia, arthritis, upper body pain, and lower body pain. This extra large, full-length body pillow offers the wonderful support for all parts of the body.
While some were critical of the size of this pillow, most users were grateful and praised this pillow for improving their quality of sleep. A 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee is offered if you aren’t completely happy with your new pillow.
Nova Microdermabrasion Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
Mothers-to-be can appreciate the comfort of the Nova Microdermabrasion Full Body Pregnancy Pillow. During pregnancy, finding a comfortable sleeping arrangement can be a challenge. This pillow helps alleviate discomforts by providing support to the unique shape of pregnancy with a unique contoured shape of its own. Multiple pillow configurations allow moms to find comfort no matter how they choose to sleep – whether it’s on their back, side, or otherwise.
Although slightly bigger than its competitors, moms praised this pillow for its comfort, durability, and softness. It is hypoallergenic, and isn’t lumpy or uneven. Thanks to a wonderful customer service department, a 1-Year Warranty and Satisfaction Guarantee is offered with this pregnancy pillow.
PharMeDoc Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
The PharMeDoc Full Body Pregnancy Pillow replaces the need for the multiple pillows people use at night. You can rest comfortably with this C-shaped pregnancy pillow. It supports your back, hips, knees, neck, and head. This body pillow is an absolute must-have for pregnant women who know the difficulty of lacking proper support when laying on their side.
The adjustable polyfill material stops you from tossing and turning at night, making this the ideal maternity pillow. This unique feature allows you to customize the pillow to fit your specific needs. This pillow is quite firm and supportive. To some users, this was a positive quality. Others found the firmness to be a turn off.
Belovedkai Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
The Belovedkai Full Body Pregnancy Pillow provides customized relief, adjusting to any sleeping position. Whether you’re pregnant, nursing, recovering from an injury, or just tired of pillow mountains, this pillow has got you covered. Its unique design provides the perfect balance between comfort and support for better quality sleep. This multi-purpose pillow can easily bend and scrunch to adjust to your preferred resting position.
Moms love that this pillow is soft, breathable, and light. However, some felt this pillow lacked length, making it awkward for longer legs. For your peace of mind, this product comes with a 1-Year Warranty.
Guide to Selecting a Pregnancy Pillow
According to Consumer Health Digest, pregnant mothers, particularly during the third trimester, experience a lot of bodily discomfort because of their ballooning belly. Not only do they suffer a significant change in gait patterns, but they also endure sleep disturbances at night. One of the best ways to resolve sleeping problems during this period is a pregnancy pillow.
Tips to Consider When Choosing a Pregnancy Pillow
- Size: Pregnancy pillows are much larger in size compared to standard pillows. There are also smaller versions of pregnancy pillows available for petite expecting mothers.
- Quality: Price can be an indicator of quality. Pregnancy pillows cost between $16 and $100 depending on the kind of material the pillow is made from. Organic pregnancy pillows cost much higher – around $140.
- Pick Pillows with Washable Covers: Opt for pillows with reusable covers for easier maintenance.
How to Use a Pregnancy Pillow Correctly
- Ensure support for Your Neck: Regardless of the shape, pregnancy pillows have good neck and spine support. Lack of neck support results in neck pain and sore shoulders.
- Wedge it Under Your Belly: When lying on one side, slide a small pillow underneath to keep the alignment of muscles with the weight of the belly.
- Place it Between Your Legs: Keep a pillow between legs and ankles when sleeping on the side to relieve pressure on joints and reduce swelling by improving circulation.
- Support Your Back: The majority of the pregnancy pillows are in the form of wrap-around styles designed to support the back, and to avoid displacing your position during sleep.
Choose a Pregnancy Pillow Appropriate for Your Individual Needs
- C-shaped Pregnancy Pillow: A pregnancy pillow that curls around the body, mainly to provide hip support.
- J-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow: A pregnancy pillow designed to support a number of pressure points. J-shaped pregnancy pillows can be used as an alternative to a standard pillow.
- U-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow: A pregnancy pillow that supports both sides of the body. It can be the pillow of choice when sitting up since it supports the lower back and hips.
FAQ’s about Sleep During Pregnancy
Why am I so uncomfortable in my normal sleeping positions?
- According to Americanpregnancy.org, your body goes through a variety of changes when you are pregnant. These changes tend to disrupt your usual peaceful slumber. Reasons for your discomfort may include increased size of the abdomen, back pain, heartburn, shortness of breath, and insomnia.
What are the best sleeping positions during pregnancy?
- The best sleep position during pregnancy is “SOS” (sleep on side). It is even better is to sleep on your left side. Sleeping on your left side will increase the amount of blood and nutrients that reach the placenta and your baby.
What sleeping positions should I avoid during pregnancy?
- Sleeping on your back: This can cause problems with backaches, breathing, the digestive system, hemorrhoids, low blood pressure, and cause a decrease in circulation to your heart and your baby. This is a result of your abdomen resting on your intestines and major blood vessels (the aorta and vena cava).
- Sleeping on your stomach: When you are farther along in your pregnancy, your abdomen undergoes physical changes and makes it more difficult for you to lay on your stomach.
Don’t wait until your back starts hurting to invest in a quality pregnancy pillow. Any of the pillows mentioned in this article are sure to get you comfortable and sleeping soundly. Pregnancy pillows also make a great gift for expecting mothers!